Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sad News.....


Emily announced on the EAD Designs blog yesterday that she will be closing the shop the end of this month. you can read all about it HERE
This is by far the saddest news I have ever had in my crafty world. And i am not ashamed to say i have shed tears over it. I fell in love with Emily's products almost two years ago and have been super blessed to be a part of her DT for almost a year now. I will miss her sweet self and  her awesome products so much and doubt there will ever be another one that can take EAD's place. 

so for this card i have used my all time favorite stickerz set Nightmare Town. I saw the mayor and remembered the part in the movie (Nightmare Before Christmas) when he was running all over town crying "sad terrible news" (when they thought Jack had been killed)  think that fits this news quite well, eh? 

OK on to my card:

i loosely followed this weeks sketch on 



su cardstock, dcwv dp, foam tape, timeless twine, su oval punches, spellbinders oval dies. 
 Nightmare Town

crud my eyes are leaking again !!!! 

12 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

super super sad here too!!!!! totally bummed out.. LOVE your card though!!! I just ordered that set!!!

Karen B. said...

Oh that is sad news! Your cards on the other hand make me happy!

yyam said...

Such a cute card!

Bummer about EAD Designs though. Love their products.

Alice Wertz said...

awww... it's always sad to see a good company like that go. and know how you feel. sending you hugs, Rose. really like this halloween set. really cool designs and your card is fabulous! love it!

Mrs. Miles said...

I'm sorry for your friend's business, thats always sad :(

I came by to see and comment on your ispy card - Love your cards, so glad I came.

Hope you have a crafty weekend
Blessings,
Barb

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am sooooooooo sad about EAD too!!! They are amazing!! I loveeeeeeee your card!!! Very COOL!!!!!!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh i am sad to hear that sad news... your card was "perfect"

~amy~ said...

Way to rock the EAD....seriously fun halloween card and I'm so happy you've found twine that you can use!!!

jessica said...

So sad :( but you rocked your card!!!

Annette said...

that is so sad...you do amazing things with these stickers...this card is awesome

Patrice said...

Sad news, but a great card - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week and enter my giveaway!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-40-and-giveaway.html

Vickie Z said...

Love the papers and adorable image! Thanks for playing at I Spy!