Saturday, August 4, 2012

santa's reindeer

today i did something that about gave me a heart attack! 
i CUT a stamp up *gasp* 
i am sure you all do it without a problem, 
but it was so hard for me to do! 
blaming it all on Allison from TAWS
what's next, using different brands together??? yikes!! 

i wanted to only use part of the sentiment
so took the leap and cut it out!
was so traumatized hubby had to take 
me to the Olive Garden to calm me down. lol

playing along with:

jingle belles
This week at Jingle Belles we're celebrating Santa Baby ... we're asking you to create a card featuring Santa, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer ... any denizen you might find at Santa's North Pole abode.

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge
well my favorite color is grey so this was
a tough one! i found some paper with 
a light grey (to me!) print :)


well it doesn't count for the challenge as i have used
a total of four challenges and we can only have a 
total of three, but still wanted to show the sketch i used 
*that's what i get for not reading the rules* lol

su cardstock, mme the merry days of christmas 
ms arch lattice punch, spellbinders, doohickies twine,
glossy accents, foam tape, gold pearls, sewing,
and stamps from The Alley Way Stamps:



14 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

So cute and good for you taking the plunge and cutting into your stamp. I do it all the time. I love that little reindeer and might need that stamp set.

wendipooh13 said...

ahhh SUPER cute!!!! GMTA with reindeer and the sketch!!! and you cut a stamp??? LOL!!! at least you got some Olive Garden out of it!! YUM!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo cute cute cute!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that reindeer!!!!

Hazel said...

Love the cute reindeer and well done for using your favourite grey - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 84 - hope to see you again soon. x

jessica said...

OMG Rose! You crack me up!!! First of all your card is way adorable!! LOVE the stamp....I have never heard The Alley Way Stamps~ Enabler!!!
Love your take on the sketch! What a fun and cute christmas card!!!

Laurel said...

Too funny Rose, but it was worth it, I love the card!

Helen said...

That's just sooo cute. Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC this week

Helen xx

lauren bergold said...

HA!!! too funny, missus, i was chortling away at your description, luckily there was an OG nearby for medicinal purposes, lol!!! :)

in any case, this card is ♥FABULOUSNESS♥ personified... or, well, reindeerified????!?!? ok, mabye not, let's go with this card is ♥FAB♥U♥LOUS♥ instead!!! (which it soooo totally IS!!)

~amy~ said...

You're sooo funny...well, it looks fabulous but I'm pretty sure a dose of The Olive Garden helped a ton:)

SmilynStef said...

Is there any issue a warm breadstick can't solve? I was cutting my stamps up yesterday too ... I've been doing it for years with no issues (other than occasionally *misplacing* them if I cut them too small. Love that fun little reindeer ... adorable holiday card.

Victoria said...

Loving this friendly looking reindeer!

Jen Brum said...

What a cute card Rose! I love that little reindeer! He's so adorable! Great colour choices! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

What a super cute card .... love your clean styling too!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Allisa said...

Cute card, congrats on getting the courage to take the scissors to the stamp set! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!