Wednesday, August 15, 2012

10 minute card *yikes*

this morning i saw on Amy's blog she made a card in *gasp* 10 minutes!
well it takes me at least an hour to make a card!! so i thought i would give it a go :)

first i found a sketch, pulled out the items i wanted to use, then made sure the sewing machine was threaded as that can take a few minutes. 

9.5 minutes latter i had this: 
*told you i am a slow crafter* lol

before starting on my card i put the "kids" out of the craft room as they always "help" me craft.
boy let me tell you that did not go over well with them. crying , clawing and reaching under the door was how Q spent his 10 minutes! he hates his momma to be out of his sight!! 



found the perfect sketch for a quick card

well it was a fun challenge but if i play again i will have to keep the door open so Q can be with me. now the rest of today will be spent making it up to him with lots of playing and attention! yup my boy is spoiled to the max  : )

su cardstock, cosmo dear mr. clause dp
gold pearls, sewing , foam tape

16 comments:

Paulina said...

What a create Christmas card, Rose! I'm so impressed that you found time to stitch on there too- that's amazing!

Thank you for joining us in the first 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge! We hope you'll play along again!

Ginny Larsen said...

oh, i'm so glad you found our challenge! i think you're already wayyyy ahead of the game if you're making Christmas cards already :D and don't worry, it took me the full 10 minutes too...

i might have hyper-ventillated a bit too :D

thanks for joining us!

wendipooh13 said...

way to go!!!! under 10 minutes!!! turned out super cute!!!

Victoria said...

A 10 minute wonder! Hope you had fun playing the rest of the day!

Brenda said...

Super card! You did a fantastic job in under 10 minutes!

Donna Bowman said...

Fun challenge! Very cute Christmas card - I love that sentiment - I think I have it!!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card! Love your papers and your sentiment!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

10 minutes... wow, that' s a good challenge.

Lesley said...

Wow! You go girl! This is wonderful and the stitching is the perfect way to finish the card!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are amazing girl...a card UNDER 10 minutes..AND it's Poor little Q...

~amy~ said...

{{clapping}}

jessica said...

Beautiful!!! I need to try this...I am the 3 hour crafter :(

Notes by Nina said...

Under 10 mins :)and stitching too.. Good for you, I love the colourful paper you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

This beautiful paper has a 50's feel and I love the stitching. It would have taken me more than 10 minutes to get to my sewing machine! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Great Christmas card! I'm with you, my cards take me at least 1 hr to make, maybe even 2hrs! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Laura Jane said...

LOVE the stitching!