Thursday, December 29, 2011

Make a wish...............

i was over at the super talented Elsie's blog this morning and saw that Just Us Girls was having a challenge to decorate a candle. it ends today so i looked to see what i had on hand and was able to make this cute little item using EAD stickerz :)




super cute to give as a birthday gift, eh? :

paper: echo park springtime, su card stock
tag: tim holtz tiny tabs & tags die
punch: su scallop
misc: sewing, may arts ribbon, pop dots
pearls: viva decor pearl pen cream (getting better at these shelly!!)

the other day i decided i wanted all the cards that others have blessed me with out so i could see them rather then in a box. so i put up some yarn and hung them around the room at the top of the wall :) i treasure each card sent to me and am glad they are now out where i can see them every day :) the top fold cards i hung right over the yarn and the side fold cards i used some tiny clothespins to hang them with. 
**plenty of room for more to be added** just a hint! lol



yup i get to admire some super talented card makers
work right in my own home!! 

OK now you all can close your eyes as this next pic is for Amy T
she has asked to see my craft area a mess, she thinks it is always clean for some unknown reason! lol
she knows i have not learned to tell her no.
who could as she is the sweetest thing ever!!!
so as soon as i was finished making the candle i took a pic. 
let me tell you it was HARD not to clean up first!!
lighting is not good but that could be a plus for me ;)
it is now clean as i just can't stand to have a mess. 

are you happy now Amy??? **hugs girlfriend**

so glad we put up the cat perch for the fur babies!! 
they love it and i love having them there when i am crafting :)

11 comments:

Danni said...

What a cute candle! Love it!
I use to display my cards like you have yours but can't do it in the rental house we're in now..I miss seeing them all! Enjoy!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh yes that candle would made an adorable gift... Did u need my address? lol And I love how u hung your Christmas cards....
I am glad u can't see the mess my craft area gets if u think that's a mess. And I LOVE the cat perch, I am sure they enjoy it...

Kathryn B said...

Oh What an adorable gift this is! I just love it! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Happy New Year!

Dana Gustafson said...

Darling candle wrapper! I love the sweet little girl stamp you used. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

li-bee-ti said...

Awesome decorated candle, Rose! yes, it will be a beautiful gift!
What a great idea to hang all those cards, so you can see them all the time. I'm so happy to be included in this list :).

Sorry, girlfriend, your table is not a mess at all! you should see my craft area (and not necessarily immediately after finishing working *wink*).

Happy new year, my dear Rose, to you and to all yours. May the new year bring you joy and happiness, health and wealth. HUGS

Lynn said...

What a great idea to hang up your cards. I love it! And...your candle is beyond adorable. Love the sweet, colored image! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

~amy~ said...

cutie pie candle...great use of those stickerz.

LOVE the cards on a line so that you can see them...excellent idea!

Oh my goodness...are you kidding me? You think that's a mess? Oh Rose, You're sooooo funny.....thanks for sharing. I'm sure that it was like that for about 2 minutes and then you had to go and tidy it up, eh? I literally have to push stuff out of my way...yes, I said push....I know better than to add it to the floor because that's where other stuff is....LOL...

Happy Happy Friday!!! P.S. Love how the kitty's are craftin' with ya!

Jenn said...

First of all, you have not seen a mess until you have seen my craftroom. of course this evening I will be trying to staighten it out. Started this morning before coming to work..... anyhow.. beautiful candle wrap.. wish I would have seen this challenge before today.

Jennifer
http://paperthisandthat.blogspot.com

Julie E said...

Great idea!
BTW, I saw your comment on Laurel's blog about Pintrest...I too put in a request and never heard anything. I then learned the easiest way is to have someone invite you. I have not had time to start using it. If you do not know anyone who could invite you then respond to my comment and I will figure it out!

Scrapaddict said...

Wonderful display of the cards (I see a "few" of mine too)! Love the candle idea too.

Gloria Stengel said...

I spy a few of mine up there! I still love that cupid one! That is such a fun little stamp and was only $1 at Mike's! hee hee This is a great idea! And you can get instant inspiration from your crafty pals!!!