Saturday, August 6, 2011

YAHOO!!! had a crafty day today :)

I spent the day making cards!!!! I think my desire to craft has returned at long last :)
Sure hope it sticks around!!!
I got 4 cards made and will show you 2 now and then one on Sunday and one on Monday.
My order of echo park paper came today and I had to dive into it!! ;)

The first one is for :
CHNC: challenge # 32 "black, white, and one other color on your Christmas card.
clean & simple: sketch # 152
CAS-ual Fridays: # 14 " add glitter using glue dots"

I use a ton of glue dots so that was not a problem, but I only have white and pink glitter (don't like the messy stuff! lol) so I went with pink for my third color :)
I have always just stuck the glue dot to my paper before taking them off the roll, well couldn't do that this time so I found out 2 things: first they love to stick to your fingers, second they can be shaped into what is needed. So I used them for the hat and mittens. OK the mittins didn't turn out that great but it still looks cute :)

*forgot to put the glue dot box next to card when taking a pic, so you will just have to take my word for it they are there under all that MS pink glitter :)

paper: su cardstock, ep be mine (yup i used non- Christmas paper! ) snowflake embossing folder, misc: stamp and tiny black pearls for his eyes and buttons, oval nesties.



I was "lurking" around blog land (embarrassed to say I have been doing a ton of that lately)
and saw Jean's cards she has just made and liked the layout so much I decided to use this sketch for mine and Shelly's next "MOJOvate Me" challenge. So her it is girlfriend.........have fun!! I think our "friendly" challenge is working for me girl :)

Flutter By Wednesday's: sketch with butterfly, fairy, or angel
ok my butterfly is tiny but it is there on the mushroom! lol




paper: su cardstock, ep springtime, super cute stickerz from E.A.D. Designs (have to use some up to make room for the new! that's my story for hubby ;)
misc: pearls and sewing.

20 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

eeeeek, double the cuteness!!!

Tina said...

Both are adorable!! Love the snowflake embossing!! TFS
Tina-a follower
www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

TesaB said...

Both cards are super CUTE: Love the little snowman with his glittery details!!!!

Hazel said...

Such a clever use of the glue dots - and I love pink with black and white - super card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 32 - hope to see you again soon. x

mona99 said...

Your cards are cute. I especially like the little snowman. I think the embossing and your choice of DSP work really well together.

Jean Addis said...

Wonderful use of the sketch, Rose. Thank you for your link and kind words. I also like your fun watermark.

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

glad to see your Mojo has returned and I love both cards especially the first one.

annieambriel said...

super duper fun cards Rose... lovely!:)

Dana said...

Ooh, your snowman is all decked out in glitter! I'm not a fan of glitter myself so I understand, but you really did a fabulous job. I like the mushrooms on the second card too. Fun fun fun! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

~amy~ said...

yahooooo....love seeing all this fabbie eye candy!!!

wendipooh13 said...

way to go on ALL the cute cards!!! I adore the snowman

Kristie said...

Cute cards! I love the little photo corners on your FBW card. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Kristie
Flutter By Wednesdays DT Member

Audrey Frelx said...

Super cute cards -- both of them!!! Great embossing on the first one!

Scrapaddict said...

Love them both you busy bee. First one is very elegant.

Danni said...

How sweet!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Alison said...

I love the cute snowman!...and the snowflake embossing folder in the background. Black polka dots and pink is always a winner in my book!! :)

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Laurie said...

OH so adorable!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Elizabeth said...

Great cards, both of them - came to look at them from the CHNC blog. Like the pink teamed with black and white. Elizabeth x

Ruth said...

Love the non-traditional papers used for the Christmas card!