Thursday, May 5, 2011

Simply Create : Mom saying............

For this challenge on Simply Create
you are to use any "Mom saying" on your card. 
Don't look at my card as an example because....................well you see I seam to have lost a week somewhere and at around 11 pm last night realized I needed a card to post today! So I just used the word Mom ;)  

OK so am I the only one that feels this year is flying by to fast????? 
Or am I just getting *gasp* OLD???? lol

Please stop by the Simply Create blog tomorrow and see what the rest of the DT has created by following the rules :)
This challenge runs from May 6th to May 19th

paper: su card stock, prima dp, miss:ribbon, pearls, sewing (lots!) nesties, sentiment: computer generated.

This is also for:
Do More With Less: Stitching with Alice Wertz {{another cat lover!!}}

Now Alice posted a little tip that I found very helpful :) this is what she said:
One tip that I learned was that if you use Nesties as much as I do, emboss the image after you cut them out. I always use the embossed lines as my guide when stitching and they make your circles and ovals looks perfect!

OK my circle is not perfect but close enough :) thanks for the tip Alice!!

I also used sketch # 113 on Card Patterns

On a side note: has anyone had problems after playing the oh-so-addictive game Frontier Land on FB?
I lost everything in my Simply Create folder this morning (after uploading my photo to our DT photo bucket) !!
Quickly ran a scan and 50 threats were taken off my pc!! 
I am thankful that is all I lost and not everything on my hard drive. 
Time to back it all up before it is to late as it was for 2 of my friends.

Not sure weather to take a chance and play again or not :(

ETA: went back and played a bit then re ran the scan.........no problems found!! so off to clear my land! lol

14 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is gorgeous, Rose! love love the yummy patterned paper you used and all the stitching! thank you so much for playing along! looks like you have a pretty and girl and a funny boy, too! =)

yyam said...

This is so lovely Rose! Love the mix of papers and that pretty bow! So glad you were inspired by my guest Alice!!! That's awesome stitching! :)

P/s: My hard drive crashed in 4 months...that's a very short mean time to failure...they don't make things like they used too eh?

Scrapaddict said...

Love this! Old age is creeping up on us eh?

Lindsay said...

Lovely card! Great mix of colors! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

li-bee-ti said...

What a rebel you are! where did you get the idea that using the work "mom" is enought?.... I wonder... LOL
You should try foreign langauge, it sure works!
Rebel or not, your card is awesome! I love the colors and thd dp you used and that stitching is adorable.
Your take on the sketch is wonderful and the organza ribbon gives a delicate and elegant look to the whole card.
And you know what I will say about backing your files....

Katherine said...

Love everything about your card Rose! The stitching, the colors, dp and your take on the sketch - all gorgeous!
Hugs,
Katherine xx

ike said...

Fabulous card Rose - can't believe this was a rush job !!!
Hmmmm - too much time in Frontierland methinks !!! :-)

Hugs

Ike xx

Linby said...

Hi Rose - this card is just lovely, I like the stitching you used.
Did you see the freebie on Bugaboo this week - I thought of you immediately!
I am paranoid about backing up now I have all these digi images!
Linbyx

~amy~ said...

Check out all that fab stitching sista!!!! EX-cellent!!!! Hmmmm...maybe you gotta step away from the farm?

TesaB said...

Super duper GORGEOUS!!! Wonderful stitching!!!!!

Linda said...

Very beautiful card....great use of this lovely sketch!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

It's beautiful Rose... and I am sure your mom is going to love it. hugs

Sande said...

Your card is special Rose! Love it!

Hugs, Sande xxx

Trish Hughes said...

very pretty paper, love touch of pearls!!!