Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Believe"

OK let me get this out of the way first then I will show you my card. 
I wholeheartedly confess to "stretching" the rules with this card.
Now isn't that a nicer then saying I was a big ole rebel??? lol

This week on 365 Cards we do not have a sponsor so 
the DT is free to run amuck. 
OK perhaps not that much freedom was given by Pam, 
but you all know me, eh? ;)

Now here is your sketch.........


My card is also for the following challenges: 

jingle belles: # 18 Cardstock Christmas NO designer paper.
**are they NUTS???** YES is my answer to that.

CHCC: # 18 use a die cut on your Christmas card. 
**after last weeks challenge to add yellow, I was holding my breath when reading the new challenge! whew, so glad to see we only need to add a die cut!! :)

Crop Stop: # 17 Nightingale. use a bird or a birdcage also a Spellbinders product.

So how did I "stretch" you ask? well for starters Pam should know by now I just can't get sketches with an oval to turn out! So after 2 hours and lots of wasted paper,I "adjusted" the sketch ;) Next bit of "stretching" is using a penguin, but they are birds!! My Spellbinder item are my oval nesties. *what can I say I am still working on stealing borrowing some of Glorias!!   And for my die cut I used my nesties :)

What did I tell you? LOL
paper is SU! from my scraps, CB folders: snow and swiss dots, MS snowflake punch, misc: buttons, floss,and pearls, sentiment: SRM stickers, penguin is from the Snow Fun set by E.A.D. designs. I used MS word to create the wording on the pink oval , Winter Wonderland is the song. 

OK let's see what you all come up with for the sketch :)

23 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey, if you're gonna "stretch the rules" do it right :) This is a fantastic take on the sketch Rose!

~amy~ said...

Well of course you're going to stretch the rules sista...we've come to expect that:)

What a super fun and happy card...nice multi-tasking...woot woot...I see some sweet EAD stickerz!

Happy Sunday!

Cecilie said...

Your card made me smile, loved it. Cute and funny :-)

creativeseconds said...

That penguin is too cute ~ I love the colors, bright and cheerful -Karen

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Your card is adorable and I love when the rebel inside comes out.

Linda said...

Rules are meant to be stretched...lol
Your card is very cute...great color combo too!!

Hazel said...

It's a fab card, Rose - and as far as I can tell you just tweaked the sketch slightly - nothing wrong with that - lol! and glad you found my challenge easier this week - look forward to seeing what you 'tweak' for mine next week - lol! x

Hazel said...

It's a fab card, Rose - and as far as I can tell you just tweaked the sketch slightly - nothing wrong with that - lol! and glad you found my challenge easier this week - look forward to seeing what you 'tweak' for mine next week - lol! x

lauren bergold said...

well i *TOTALLY* see the sketch! also, i think you've done BRILLIANTLY using no patterned paper, which ~YEAH~ that's about as challenging as ya can get, imo, so i am always impressed when ppl do it in a way that seems effortless like, say, ♥♥♥THIS♥♥♥ lovely card!!! well done, you! :)

Jean Addis said...

Super cute, Rose! And congrats on being smoke free for so long...I haven't visited in quite a while.

Lynn's Place said...

This is great stretched rules and all...tfs

wendipooh13 said...

that is sooo stinkin cute!! Love the penguin and fun embossing

Amy said...

This turned out so cute! Love the colors you used and Yay for EAD STICKERZ!!

Vicki said...

This is way adorable, Rose! I love that penquin! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog! P.S. Congrats on your smoke free status!! You go!

SmilynStef said...

Love that fun little penguin and the vellum snowflakes ... adorable holiday card ... thanks for joining us at jingle belles.

Dalis said...

oh wow, he is adorable!!!! just love the colors you used too!

-- dalis
Cropstop's challenge DT

CropStop said...

This bird challenge is "flying", and your project is lovely. Thanks for sharing this with us on Crop Stop-love the cute bird and the colors!

yyam said...

This is adorable! I think creativity is all about stretching the rules...:)

I love the happy colors, the textures and the layers! :)

P/s: I own no nesties. Serious.

Scrapaddict said...

So cute! Loving those little guys too!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love it, it's so bright and cheerful... (little rebel - stretching the rules... I kind of like little rebel.. ) LOL hugs

Lorraine said...

You did wonders with that sketch and I love, love, love your penguin. Such a happy card.

Manoli Navarro said...

Como me gustan estos colores de la tarjeta!!
Es muy divertida

annieambriel said...

Such a lovely, cute and fun card. Love the penguin.. and those adorable vellum snowflakes :)