Wednesday, April 27, 2011

thanks!

Earlier today Amy told me to: 
"forget the housework and make a card", so I did ;)

Yvonne's over at Do More With Less sent me a link to THIS tut on how to make shrink plastic,so I made a magnet out of a bottle cap to go with the card. Thanks Yvonne for the link :) 

paper: SU! early espresso card stock, MME Stella & Rose Hattie, SU! chocolate chip ink, stamps: SSD Chick Chat, misc: brown pearls & sewing sentiment EAD Thank You Sentiments, orange tombo marker. 
had a bit of an oops! with the sewing so used pearls to cover it up! after taking the pic I noticed they were crooked, fixed now but not taking another pic! lol
  
I am playing along with:


 Well when I was finished making a card I still didn't feel like cleaning, so I stayed at my craft table and up-cycled the vase that THIS came in. I wanted something fun to hold the Tombo markers Gloria sent me in my "way to go" goodie box  for not smoking :) 
Think she wants me to start to color???? lol


I used E.A.D. stickerz set Elephant Friends
Hard to get a good pic due to the shape but you get the idea :) 

Check out what E.A.D. now offers !! 
Awesome products, Low prices, and FREE shipping!!
Can't get much better then that :)

20 comments:

yyam said...

Oh my! This is adorable Rose! Those birdies are too cute! And check out that cool magnet! So glad you gave shrink plastic another try! :)

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Love your card ~ totally adorable. What a nice thing for Gloria to do for you.

~amy~ said...

seriously chock full of goodness Rose...your card using the SSD sketch is magnificent...LOVE what you did with the shrink plastic and it looks fab in the bottlecap:) WTG girl...and how fun is your upcycles vase? Perfect for those markers....I have to tell you my mantra is:

forget the housework and make a card...

Saskia said...

Lovely card Rose! :)

Linda said...

WOW this is just tooooooo cute!!!!
Very sweet magnet to match.

Annie@Ambriel said...

Love those chickies.. they are just adorable.. Fab card Rose :D

Jingle said...

I love your card and that magnet is just AWESOME!!!

Tamra said...

This is just the cutest card!! And I realy like that magnet...great idea for another use for our stamps besides pages and cards!

shelly said...

oooh love this card girlie :) i havent tried the shrink stuff yet , its on my to do list :)
ps havent been ignoring ya been dealing with my migraines and cluster headaches..grrr. ill call ya tomorrow (friday)

Barb's Boys said...

Cute chics! Love the bottle cap! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamp Tramps at Skipping Stones Design!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Adorable card.. and Gloria was so sweet to send those to you, yes, I think she wants you to color instead of cleaning the house... She didn't send me anything, so I guess I will clean the kitchen, which will take me ALL day.. :-(

Linby said...

This is just adorable Rose. You certainly know how to mix patterns.
Linbyx

lauren bergold said...

oooh! ooooooh! OOOOOOOOOOOH! how much do i ♥lOOoOoOoOoove♥ this card??!?! holy moly, everything about it is awesome from the plethora of fabulous combined patterns to those CUUUUUUTE pigeons to the FABULOUS bottle cap magnet!

now please excuse me... i have to go and buy soda that comes in GLASS BOTTLES right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda Weaver said...

adorable card! Thanks so much for playing along at SSD!

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous rose, love those papers!

great job with the vase, cute!!
hugs & blessings!

Kandi Phillips said...

Love all the paper piecing you did and the fabulous papers! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Scrapaddict said...

I don't see any mishaps! I have the magnet at work and two ladies have asked about it. Yah you!

Scrapaddict said...

Where are my manors.....

Thanks so much for sending this to me!

suezie said...

I love the papers you've used on this card - it's super cute. Blessings

Gloria Stengel said...

I love that thanks card. So cute and love the wonky pearls...you need to keep them that way!!!

If I were a true friend I'd send you more markers as you cannot possibly color with so few... HA!