Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hey Chick-a-Dee


If I would have known that my buddies would be "rewarding" me so much I would have stopped smoking long a go!! lol

Look what came today from my blogging buddy Janice


YUM!!!! 
**and I thank you Janice for not sending me 
items from Fanny  May candy store,
I have gained 12 lbs so far!! yikes

**my apoligies to the rest of you wonderful ladies for not posting pics of what you have sent** 
I am so bad at remembering to do so before I start playing with goodies!

Thanks for all the support and encouragement you all keep giving me :)

OK, on to my card!
Skipping Stones: Sketch #73
Basic Grey Challenges: Spring or Easter (and at least one BG item)

 
basic grey: kioshi buttons, lime rickey (yellow) and hopscotch paper, su card stock, stamps: skipping stones chick chat, sewing machine, su chocolate chip ink. i hand cut the hills, distressed the front one and popped the grass, and paper pieced the cute chick.

Check me out sticking to a sketch almost 100% LOL 



Now I am off to make my Christmas card for the week!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter :)

11 comments:

Scrapaddict said...

Glad you like your 'surprise'. Next time it WILL be Fannie May {ha ha}! Love the card, I've been working on that sketch and can't come up with anything

~amy~ said...

Delish on the fruit bouquet!!!

I adore your SSD card...soooooo fun...paper piecing is fab! Yahoooo!!

DonnaMundinger said...

this is a cutie! LOVE the mix of patterns. A huge congrats for stopping smoking! Yummy, yummy bouquet! xxD

Mark Angel said...

A Cute Card, Well Done Rose

Brenda Weaver said...

Good for you on quitting smoking!! Way to go!
Your card is super cute. Thanks for playing along with us at SSD!

Barb's Boys said...

VERY CUTE card! Congrats on being smoke free (look at all the money you can now spend on crafting!) I quit 12 years ago and I know it's a struggle! Way to go! Thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design again this week!

Wendy said...

Congrats Rose!!! Keep up the good work on the non smoking!!! I am soo proud of you. I am also proud of your fabulous card you made with our Chick Chat set!!! Love it!! Thanks so much for playing along this with us at Skipping Stones Design. I can't wait to see what you come up with this week!!!

Jingle said...

Now those are some good friends! Congratulations on your accomplishment! And your card is SO cute! Very fun! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

Lou said...

Hi!a really great card Rose,love the design and how you have used the papers/buttons-so creative!!
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges,
hugs Lou.xx

Giò said...

WOW!!! I love the scene you created. Fantastic use of BG papers. Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.
Hugs, Giò

shelly said...

love that lil birdie :) sweet card :)