Sunday, March 27, 2011

You're Sew Special

Time for Super Sketchy Sunday
on 365 Cards!!!



We have Digi Doodle Shop as our sponsor this week.



I used THIS awesome vintage sewing machine to make a card for my mom as she makes quilts. :) Perfect image for her, eh? And when I got my new Stella and Rose papers in the mail she said that the brown with pink flowers looks like a quilt her mom had. So there you have it, the story behind the card! lol

paper: SU card stock, My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose, sentiment is computer generated, MS quilted boarder punch (perfect punch for a quilt card! lol) nestie ovals, Quickutz gemometric circles embossing folder 
( used on the green strip, looks like a....you guested it.....a quilt!!) 
misc: brown pearls and sewing, a bit of coloring and glossy accents.


Well I flipped the sketch so it would work with my image, and then I didn't want to cover up my image, so "adjusted" the sketch some more!!
** Pam must have chocked on her coffee when she saw my card!! lol   :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day and
get to join us for another week on 365 Cards.

13 comments:

Catherine said...

This is such a fab card Rose ! Love it :)

Linby said...

I've got that image too - isn't it just lovely and you have made a fab background for it. How lovely that the paper is going to remind your Mum of childhood memory - perfect.
Linbyx

annieambriel said...

Lovely card Rose :). Love how you flip the sketch and the people border is so cute.. :D

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Your mom is going to LOVE it Rose... I sure hope Pam recovers quickly from your little rebellion. lol.

Carolyn V said...

My mum makes quilts, too! Yours is going to love this one. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Rose, I love your card!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love this card. Just love it! I think I have that image or one like it in my digi stash....must copy you.... I see the sketch, and I only had to close one eye part way!

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh totally love your card and the colors!!!! the digi looks amazing!!!!

~amy~ said...

perfect-o! Love the smidge of embossing!

Kandi Phillips said...

Hi Rose, you were a winner on my Blast from the Past blog hop giveaway! You can check out my blog on how to claim your stamp set! :) Congrats!

Manoli Navarro said...

Jeje, como le has dado la vuelta al Sketch!
La imagen que elegiste es preciosa, me encanta esta tarjeta.

Elise said...

And WHAT an excellent story behind this lil' gem! I hope that means that your mom is feeling much better and that you two are merrily creating and enjoying one another: I HOPE so! This card is JUST dreamy! The textures - THAT image: it's FANTASTIC!

suezie said...

Oh Rose - I simply love that sewing machine image! Love anything sewing - fancy an image swap?