Saturday, March 19, 2011

Peace

Jingle Belles: #12 Sketch by the talented Allison Fillo
Well hubby doesn't see the sketch in my card!! When I told him how I see an ornament in the sketch he said "Everyone is entitled to their own hallucinations!!" LOL  Oh come on, you all know how I am with sketches sometimes!! ;)

CHCC: #12 Silver
For the "Silver" I used a piece of tinfoil that was left over from covering the brownies :) the metallic silver I have was too shinny, so tinfoil to the rescue!! LOL 
***side note: with all three of us now smoke free chocolate is flowing like water around here!!! 

Basic Grey Challenges: #40 Recycled
My Basic  Grey product is the chipboard ornament, tinfoil is my recycled item.
OK it might be a stretch but all I have for this week! :)

paper: memory box mistletoe, basic grey chipboard ornament, punches: ms & ek, misc pearls, sentiment: SRM stickers, damask cb folder. I embossed the paper that is covering the ornament and then did some sanding and inking with TH tea dye.

OK now look at this sketch and tell me hubby was wrong! *giggle*

18 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I see the sketch ... tell your husband creative license is a virtue ... gorgeous ornament and I love how you incorporated the different layers into the design ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

Hazel said...

Super card, Rose - love the creative use of the tin foil (and eating choccie is far better than the cigs - well done). Thank you for joining in my CHNC 12 - hope to see you again soon. x

lauren bergold said...

oof! well, no disrespect to the lovely "mr. rose"...but i think the chantix might be sending his eyes a bit funny b/c yes OF COURSE i can see the sketch!!! in fact, i actually think MY card takes more liberties w/it than yours!!! this is a totally brilliant version and an awesome card! so THERE!!! :) :) :)

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

I see the rebel is coming out in you. But you know what they say "the sketch is in the eye of the beholder". lol

Lisa said...

can totally see the sketch here :-)

looks fab! love the idea of turning it into an ornament - and a gorgeous one at that!

~amy~ said...

okay, so I'm closing one eye...squinting with the other and standing on one foot...I SEE the sketch...LOL...I love your take on the fab sketch...GREAT ornament...love what you've done! Keep that chocolate flowing:)

Elise said...

THIS is GORGEOUS! YOU are such the most crafty and Christmas INSPIRED creative babe! I am, very softly, humming Christmas carols, in YOUR honor! WHAT fun!

Paige said...

I love your creative interpretation of the sketch - great card!

Allison said...

Mmm...Basic Grey! Love all the texture you incorporated!

Gloria Stengel said...

I closed BOTH eyes and saw the sketch perfectly! hee hee I love the card, no matter what!

Lisa - papergrace said...

How TOTALLY creative!! I love that you took the sketch and made it into an ornament. Tell your husband *he's* the one that's nuts! :D I love the embossing and all that yummy distressing. Beautiful!

Lorraine said...

Our creative licenses allow us to do a lot don't they! I think you did well with the sketch. Your card is lovely.

Scrapaddict said...

Wonderful papers you used. Love it!

KatheD said...

fabulous card! an ornament was one of my first ideas, just couldn't put it together in the short time i had available this week. yours puts even my half-thought idea completely to shame!

Lisa said...

WOW! This card is just fantastic!!

June Houck said...

I see the sketch too...and I am in love with the BG papers and your ornament. Terrific!

Elizabeth said...

Popped over from CHNC to take a peek at your card and it's gorgeous - love the papers and the ingeneous use of tin foil. Chocolate is so much better than cigarettes. Elizabeth x

Angélique said...

Lovely card! Love the way you used the BG Chipboard!
Thanks for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges :)