Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Do it yourself.................


Time for a new challenge on Simply Create
Thanks to all that joined us with your awesome 
creations for our last challenge :)

Before I tell you what the challenge is let me 
introduce you to our NINE new DT members!! 
They are a talented group so be sure to
check out their blogs, just click on their names :)

 Bea    

 Welcome ladies!!!

Your challenge for the next two weeks (March 25th - April 8th) is 
"Do It Yourself"
As always you are free to interpret the challenge 
anyway you like and create any type of item you like. 
You know we are all about the FUN :)

this is not what i started out to make!! 
lets just say it was "one of those craft days" !!

for my DYI i used a marker to make the flower stems (wasted a few sheets of paper trying to make leaves, so just pretend they are there, eh? lol)
and then added a few dots to the top corners. i also made  the owl's eyes big and round by using lots of glossy accents and seed beads.

the eyes were not 100% dry when i took the pic,
as i said.... it has been "one of those days!"
paper: BG olivia, SU card stock, buttons:BG, 
owl : SU stamp and punch, MS boarder punch, 
misc: pearls, sentiment: SRM stickers. 

I used sketch # 132 from Clean & Simple
 
  Hope you all join us for the challenge ;)

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

woot wootie woot woot...you know I love it!

Erica said...

Lots of fun stuff going on here. I'm so on the fence about that owl flower punch, but I may hop up and away soon.
Erica (DT fellow member)

Marjo said...

Hi Rose super adorable card, I love it! Thanks so much for the warm welcome to this awesome team.

Bunches of hugs, Marjo

Maria Matter said...

this is so adorable Rose! love these olivia papers!
hugs

Sande said...

Hi there!

Love your card! There is lovely details and great colors. This owl looks so cute :)

Great to be part of SC team!!

Hugs, Sande

Tip Top said...

I do that all the time - take photos without waiting for it to dry!! Do like the cute owl with his big glossy eyes!!!

Linda said...

What a beautiful card...love the combo of papers that you used!!

lynne said...

Hi, Just making my way around the team!
I love your card and love the eyes on the owl, great idea which i will use in the future!

Thanks for the lovely welcome Rose!

Hugs,Lynne x

Elise said...

I LIKE your owly! Foggy eyed might be a fun way to identify with someone... who is say, less vision-gifted! {Hee Hee I'm laughing because my brother just did a hilarious cartoon on his blog about how "every day can be foggy when you wear glasses" and he's sitting there with a steaming cup-o-joe and steamed glasses... } But I digress! MOST of the time, cards take me on an unplanned journey: I LOVE it! I'm glad you GOT where you got! Yee Haw! This card is DARLING!