Thursday, February 10, 2011

No Pattern Paper Allowed??!!!

OK this has got to be one of the hardest challenges for me, other than color challenges!!

CropStop: Pure and Simple 
Are they nuts??!!!  **you all know how I LOVE my pattern paper** 
Only white or off white allowed except for your sentiment or image....... I bet Gloria thought this one up just to torment me!!!!! 
I am not thrilled with the out come but at least I stuck to the rules! **had to keep the rebel happy and use some red glitter on the lips** *wink wink*

used white su card stock, cb embossing folders, ms heart punch, and creative vision lips from the true love set. did a bit of edge distressing and used lots of pop dots.

I was inspired by this weeks  sketch on  Waltzingmouse

15 comments:

lauren bergold said...

gooooooooood gravy, you are brave! the phrase "no patterned paper" already had me worried...then ALL WHITE?!??!?! yikes. and yet: YOU SOOOOOO NAILED IT!!! (& then some!) ♥!!!

Vicki said...

LOL! Fabulous card, Rose! You survived the challenge quite well! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge!

stampinlynn said...

Great job on the challenge tfs

Maria Matter said...

love this Rose, with all the embossing & those glittery lips! yum!

Hope you & the family are doing well. this year is zooming by already! I never thought I'd get the taxes done for our business and then there was the school paperwork...just over 2 months to go yet! It's been crazy and I feel as though I haven't gotten around much in blogland! Hope all is going well on your end!
big HUGS!

~amy~ said...

Rock on sista:). You did fabulous!

ona_i_ja said...

Wow, beautiful card. Great Embossing!
Thanks for joining us at CropStop Challenge this week and good luck!

Hugs
Agnieszka

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

I love it and you know that is my kind of challenge. I love white on white with a pop of color.

Gloria Stengel said...

I will have you know, I did NOT think up that challenge! I only think up the sketches over there! And, HA, they don't even make me play in these mean, ole, all white no printed paper challenges! HA! I may try it, just to show off a little... hee hee

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love the all-white and the embossing! Yikes to no patterned paper but you did a great job! Thanks for playing with us at WMS this week!

Linda said...

WOW what a fabulous elegant card!! Love all the texture and your pop of red!!

~Michelle~ said...

love your card...the central panel popped up! Thanks for playing the CropStop challenge!

Dalis said...

Rose,
sorry it was my idea... and would it make you feel better that I had a heck of a time doing mine... LOL!!!!

-- dalis
Cropstop DT

stampinlynn said...

Congratulations well worth the win tfs

Linda said...

YEAH!!! You won at CropStop!!!!!!!!!

Scrapaddict said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!