Friday, January 14, 2011

Simply Create's new challenge

By now you all should know that
Simple Doodles has a NEW name and address. 
We are now Simply Create and our address is HERE
After all that is just what we do isn't it? Simply Create

Our new challenge that runs from 
January 14th to January 27th
is all about the
PUNCH. 
We want to see what you simply create with any type of punch :)

For my card I used: SU large oval and scalloped oval punches, MS butterfly and vintage floral boarder and corner punches. 
paper is memorybox: pixie and SU chocolate chip and certainly celery, misc: pearls, basic grey button, may arts ribbon, sentiment: the greeting farm.

I got the idea for my card from Pam on 365 Cards as the challenge for today is "Double Duty" and she wants a bookmark included with the card.  *the bookmark can be removed from the front of the card*

I started out working with the new sketch by Gloria for Christian Paper Crafts.
**I said I started out not ended up with a card that looks like the sketch, had to "adjust it to work with the bookmark** *wink wink*


I used EAD Designs "Color Challenge" (thanks to Amy for always telling me which SU colors work!!) She is the best!!!! :)

And last but not least a new to me challenge that my friend Janice told me about.
Sentimental Sunday: They want "wings" *I have butterfly's*

14 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Is that the REBEL trying to sneak out? lol.. GORGEOUS card Rose. You are such an awesome person.. love coming to see what you have been up to. hugs

Gloria Stengel said...

WOW! I like it better than that old sketch. LOL

But when you said "punch" I thought we'd get to drink some of Pam's "special punch." Rats! hee hee

Audrey Frelx said...

Rose, your card is beautiful!!!

darling Ho said...

Dear Rose:
What a pretty card! I love all your punches.:) and the colour combo are so beautiful, too.:)
~darling Ho~

Leah said...

Gorgeous Rose! I love it:) Don't know if you heard the news on my blog, but I'm opening up my own digi stamp company! Hope you are well...hugs

li-bee-ti said...

Rose, this is a stunning card!
I love all the punches you used here and the color combo is simply adorable!
Great take on all those challenges.
Hugs

Linby said...

A gorgeous card and I love how you used all the punches, that must have taken real designing.
Linbyx

Kimberly S said...

Such a pretty birthday card! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Sentimental Sundays! :)

~amy~ said...

woot wootie woot woot girl...you rocked the color challenge...wowza...gorgeous!

Linda said...

What a beautiful card, Rose!!
Fabulous use of punches!!

joeygirl86 said...

Wow this is so pretty! I love the colors! Awesome job, thanks for playing with us at the EAD challenge! :)

Pam said...

Yikes - this is absolutely GORGEOUS, Rose - wow, wow, wow!!

Scrapaddict said...

Even more beautiful IRL!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Amy said...

Wow! Just stunning! Thanks for playing with EAD!