Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Season's Greetings!

This week on Jingle Belles the challenge is to use paint on our Christmas card. 
At first I tried to follow THIS tut on how to make and paint with stencils. Lets just say that mine came out looking like Q and Precious made them!  So off to blog land to get ideas and when I saw how Amy used paint I knew I could do that. 
So off to the store I went to find some paint.........it was hard but i forced myself to shop! *giggle*
I found some Ranger acrylic paint dabbers to use for my card. OK I found a few other items I had to have too! lol

The snowflake is TH grunge paper cut with a sizzix die and painted gold. paper: MME, O Christmas Tree, sentiment: SRM stickers, button: Basic Gray, MS boarder punch, misc: ribbon, pearls, and nesties

I used this weeks sketch from Card Patterns

This is going to be short as I have not been able to stay on-line for more than 10 mins at a time today. Keep getting kicked off!! Not the day for it as Hubby told me I could order my Kindle today *grin*  He is SO sweet!!!

**ETA: Due to not being able to stay online today I have missed the deadline to enter Jingle Bells challenge, Tech problems drive me nuts!!!  oh well at least I made the card *grin*

11 comments:

lauren bergold said...

awwww mannnnnnnnnnnnn! sometimes technology is just NOT our friend!!!

but WOW, this card was ♥TOTALLY♥ worth both a trip to the store and a wait to see it! just totally jaw-droppingly ♥AMAZING♥! thank you so much for playing...and for leaving us a link...i WOULD NOT have wanted to miss this gorgeous card!

SmilynStef said...

Love to see you added some fun paint to your creative arsenal ... and it looks so fabulous on that big bold snowflake ... so glad you linked up so we could share in this holiday masterpiece ... and thanks for joining our jingle belles journey.

Kiehn said...

Beautiful card...colors are amazing...great job

~Tina~

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Rose, I don't think there is anything you aren't able to do.. this is just beautiful... my grandson brought me a kindle for Christmas.. I was so surprised.

Scrapaddict said...

No words to describe this card except G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Love that paper. You will love the Kindle, I carry mine everywhere. Be sure to check out all the free books - including the bible at Amazon.com

Scrapaddict said...

sorry,,,,The Bible !

Vanessa said...

Sorry you missed the other deadline, but you are in time for our challenge :) Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is fantastic. I love the sketch you chose and those papers work very well. Bummer about the challenge tho. I hate when I miss the deadline for something I worked hard to create. But...you hae another card ready for next year, so all is good!

~amy~ said...

Oh dang about the JB deadline...pahooey...it's super gorgeous...really love your take on the Card Patterns sketch too!!

~amy~ said...

Oh dang about the JB deadline...pahooey...it's super gorgeous...really love your take on the Card Patterns sketch too!!

fabricbutterfly said...

Bummer, but the card is just wonderful, you are sooo talented!!