Saturday, January 1, 2011

Joy!

Yahoo!!! 
The new challenge blog Jingle Belles is now up and running. 

 
This is a blog that my buddy Amy told me about and what a great way to get the cards made for 2011 Christmas, one week at a time. 
**don't want to send out any store bought cards do we?** wink wink**

paper: su card stock, bg eskimo kisses, bg woolie, ms boarder punch, may arts twin, nesties, srm sentiment, ms branch punch, some stitching to top it all off.
The challenge is : Something Old, Something New
Everything is old except the blue button and the super cute penguin from basic gray. 
You can't see in the pic but there are ms branches covered with snow stickles under the buttons.

This also fits the new challenge on Simply Create (formally Simple Doodles) which is embossing. I embossed the blue panel with snow  flakes. 

The sketch I used is one from Gloria from a few weeks past.
*better late then never, eh?*
It is for the challenge on Christian Paper Crafts


That is all for today as our friends will be over soon for a day of games, food, and visiting. :) 
What a wonderful way to start the new year!!


ETA: Hazel has started a Christmas card challenge blog!!
So I am adding this card to her first challenge.
**thanks for telling me about your new blog Hazel**
Make sure you check it out HERE and join in the FUN :)

20 comments:

SmilynStef said...

How fun is that cute little penguin ... way too cute not to be on the first holiday card of 2012 ... thanks so much for joining the Jingle Belle fun.

Linby said...

What a fab card-I love that embossing on the blue card-fab idea.
Happy New Year Rose-enjoy your day.
Linbyx

~amy~ said...

Woot Woot! Check you out!!! A-dorable!!

P.S. What's the matter with store bought cards?!! LOL

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! this is just totally FABULOUS! i looooove that penguin...i actually love EVERYTHING about this...what a great sketch too! we're so pleased you're joining the jingle belle fun!

Gloria Stengel said...

Don't listen to Amy...she's trying to lead us down the dark side!

This is too cute for words! But you will LOL...I was looking and saying WHAT an amazing card layout...then I scroll down and DUH you used my sketch! snort giggle! No wonder I loved the layout, huh?! HA!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Isn't it fun to make christmas card in Jan, I am in for the fun too!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

So cute! Love all the details.

Lorraine said...

I love your old and new combination. The penguin is adorable.

Marianne@RuffHaven said...

I love the layout of this card and how you played with the color combination. Perfect !
This adventure is off to a great start.

Rosemary said...

Your card is so fun and bright and happy and colorful (gee, can you tell I really liked it? lol)

I am really getting inspired going around to see the participation in the first Jingle Belles challenge. I can't wait to see what else happens!

Susan said...

very pretty...can't wait to copy it. Love the colors and layout.

can't wait to see more from you this year :)

Lisa - papergrace said...

Love your color choices and how you played with all your elements to really bring LIFE to your card. It's sooooooo cute!! The penguin is awesome. :)

Dawn said...

Hey Rose! How are you? I couldn't be happier to see that you too are a Jingle Belle :) Your card is totally adorable! I love that penguin!!

Jeanne said...

Oh I love this card!! Love that penguin!!

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel said...

This is a lovely card. I'm glad to see another Christmas challenge blog beginning. I too have started Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge blog - please feel free to add your card if you'd like to - challenge 1 is open until 22:00 UK time Friday 7 January. x

Hazel said...

Thanks for adding your card to my challenge - would be grateful if you would include a link in this post - thanks - and thanks for joining me as a follower x

Linda said...

Love that little penguin and your layout is really great!!

Jana said...

LOVE your card. So bright and cheery. And that penguin is adorable with your paper choices.

darling Ho said...

Very Cute card!! I love the penguin, it's so pretty.
Thanks for sharing at SC, hope to see you again.:)
hugs~darling Ho~
p.s. We chance the blog address: http://www.simplycreatechallenges.blogspot.com :)