Sunday, January 16, 2011

Inspiration Week at 365 Cards

Welcome to 365 Cards "Inspiration Week"



 Pam has asked each of the DT members to choose our own "Inspiration" word and create a card inspired by it or use the word on our card.

 My word is J.O.Y.
Here is a little info on how I choose this word.

 About 4 years ago I was very frustrated while trying to learn "patience". Every time I prayed for patience I found myself in a situation that gave me the opportunity to "LEARN" patience!!
God did not just "zap" me with it as I had hoped!! 
Well my dear friend and sister in Christ suggested 
I switch to working on J.O.Y.

Jesus
Others
   Yourself

I have been trying to live by this for the past 4 years and I find that when I get one of the letters out of order, like putting myself before Jesus or others, I spiral down into depression, bitterness, and anger. So I keep reminding myself and praying for God's help that I will be able to live by J.O.Y. And when I do, I find I am full of Gods peace and have a life filled with joy, just as the Bible says we can find when we trust Jesus to be the center of our lives.
Not that my life is perfect and free of problems. It is due to having the joy of a Christ centered life that makes me know : I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

paper: little yellow bicycle, su card stock, nesties, punches: ms, ek, misc: pearls, ribbon, trees cut with my cricut paper dolls and dress up cart, snow stickles

Here is your sketch:  

This is also for :
CropStop challenge #2 "Add some Stickles"  I used some as snow on the trees. *Oh come on Gloria, you know I don't care for Stickles!* lol

CHNC challenge # 3 "Lets see some trees" 
**and it must be a Christmas card**

15 comments:

Pia said...

wow so beautiful card
hugs Pia

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

fabulous card and it looks like you are already started on this years Christmas cards.

TesaB said...

What a fantastic card, Rose!!! It's sooo beautiful!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Rose, I love the explanation of your joy.. so true, Jesus, Others, then You. AND of course your card is amazing..

Hazel said...

Love your choice of JOY - and such a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 3 - hope to see you again soon. x

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Rose! Love the inspiration here. Thanks for playing along on our CropStop Challenge Blog!

Sue said...

What a beautiful card, and I really like the sketch you have used x

wendipooh13 said...

such a pretty card and LOVE the reason why you choose the word!!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Perfect word choice! And your card is darling. (If I have to use glitter, so do you! HA!)

Iona said...

I love your card. I agree with JOY and your acronym. It's beautiful as well. If I could have Christmas and watch Christmas movies (especially the ones with real meaning) I would. Thanks for your wonderful card.

Teresa Jaye said...

Hi Rose, I linked to you from your entry at CHNC. Your card is absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for your post about JOY, you've touched my heart.

~amy~ said...

Rose, your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Manoli Navarro said...

Es una tarjeta preciosa Rose!
Me gusta mucho tu explicación del porque has elegido esta palabra.

Dalis said...

OMG... this is Gorgeous! wow, there is not one detail that is NOT in the perfect place... wow!!!!

BTW, You know you could enter this card into my other challenge at http://www.pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com where you get to do our challenge and pile some extra challenges. Our challenge this week is ANYTHING GOES... and you have a good list of challenges, so you are all set up.

Thanks for playing with us at CropStop and I hope to see you play with us this week! Challenge coming up tomorrow!

-- dalis
CropStop DT

Scrapaddict said...

Love it!