Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello Sunshine!!

Well today we finally had SUNSHINE!!! 
After a year without any it was wonderful.
OK it was only 8 days, but it sure felt like a year to this desert rat!!

And my mom stopped smoking today!! yahoo!!
Please pray that she can stick to it this time as it will help her live with her COPD much more comfortably.  

OK on to the cards..............

Limelight: Sketch and chipboard

paper and chipboard chair and boarder are CC DeLovely, sentiment: SRM stickers, nesties, SU & MS punches, misc: pearls, edge distressing, & sewing.


Well whoever made this weeks sketch must have gotten a batch of Pam's on 365 Cards "special coffee" this was a tough one!! 

paper, birdhouse pop, & button: BG kioshi, sentiment: SRM stickers, punches: SU & nesties, misc: ribbon, SU card stock.
and look at that........not one pearl or photo corner!! *giggle* 


Crop Stop: Square card with a die cut shape
Sentimental Sundays: Winter + a sentiment


I still had my Christmas papers out and new ranger acrylic dabbers that I used for the last Jingle Belles challenge. So I used a Sizzix snowflake die and then painted them with pearl paint, and boy do they shine! 
paper: SU card stock, MS Christmas paper, punches: MS & nesties, cord is May Arts, misc: pearls and bling, sentiment is this weeks freebie on Sentimental Sundays by Raindrop Echo Designs



Sorry for the poor photos, had to take them after dark. 

19 comments:

~amy~ said...

Check you out!!! I love them...all of'em!!!!! Haha..special coffee:). A christmas card?! You are on fire!!!!!

Okay...please relay this to your momma:

Woot Wootie Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Rose, how do you ever find the time to do all these? They are absolutely ALL gorgeous. I will be praying for your mom.. it's a hard thing to do.. hugs

Vicki said...

Rose, your cards are all fabulous! Each one of them is so unique. Thanks for playing along on our CropStop Challenge Blog!

Jess said...

Your winter card is absolutely delightful! And I love how you embrace the creativity that your furbabies bestow on your craft! ;)

Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

CONGRATS to your Mom for taking the first step. I have had many people I care about die from COPD and it is not something you want to watch.

Next your cards are amazing I especially love the first one.

Elise said...

Helllloooooooo, there, Mrs. SUNSHINE and wonderful! Sheeeeeshers, girl! YOU are one SERIOUSLY prolific card crafty goddess! Wow! These cards are rockin' my wee-little socks off! I'm JUST twitching - they are ALL exquisite!

HUGE congrats to your dear mom! I'll keep her in delightful ~smoke free~ thoughts!

THANKS, again, for your love and BEATUIOUS card craft! My kids LOVE, love, LOVED your beautiful card, as well. It is in a spot of kitty memorial and celebration in our kitchen! The joy of your kindness, talent and adorable material choices are helping to heal our wounds. You are a treasure! xoxoxoxo!

Linby said...

wow-fab cards. I love that chair.
I am sending positive thoughts to your mum to keep up the good work.
Linbyx

Gloria Stengel said...

Yay on your mom....now...who ELSE is going to quit????

I love the cards, but you did such a good job with the CPC sketch that I fell out of my chair! It is awesome! Just wow!

Audrey Frelx said...

Rose, I love all your cards, but especially the card with the chair! It reminds me one we had in our home when I was little girl!

Karen B. said...

Well I came here to comment on your Limelight card, but so delighted to see so many other equally fabulous creations! Love the chair though, its my favorite.

stampinlynn said...

Very Pretty tfs

Mandy said...

How utterly fabulous, Rose! This is absolutely wonderful, and I'm featuring it Monday!!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Fab cards! I adore the snowflake one! Will say a prayer for your Mom. Thanks for joining us at SS this week for our winter challenge! Amy

lauren bergold said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO to your mom!!! that is awesome! may i suggest (from my own experience) that she'd like a large pack of gum and a 1,000 jigsaw??! (cause you have to keep your mouth and your hands busy for like the first 2 weeks!!!) many congrats to her from a hard-core ex-smoker!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

oh wait, i almost forgot about the cards...which are ♥AWESOME♥ but if you've ever smoked you'll understand! :)

i love ALL three of these...you have rocked mandy's sketch...and the other two also. plus...how PSYCHED am i to see PAINT AGAIN on another fantabulously gorgeous xmas card??!!!

Maggie said...

Wow! You have been crazy busy lately! These cards are fantastic! Love all the colors and textures!

Tameko said...

Lovely card. Nice paper & snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at SS.

Veronica said...

Rose,
Your cards are all so beautiful. Great job

Dalis said...

Hi Rose!
Girl this is gorgeous each and everyone of them, but I am tied in between a fav between that gorgeous chair and those precious snowflakes!

thanks for playing with us at Cropstop.com, I hope to see you this week. Our new challenge is already up in the blog.

-- dalis
Cropstop DT

Linda said...

WOW looks like your card machine was in full force today. All very beautiful cards girlie!!