Saturday, January 8, 2011

2 cards ................... 4 challenges

Today I got more crafty time so I made two cards and played along with four challenges *grin*

The first one is a very special card as I received an email today from a sweet friend telling me her precious little loved one has gone to kitty heaven. It just about broke my heart as I read it and tears were (as they are now just typing this) running down my cheeks. I feel her pain as I have been down that road before so I wanted to make her a special card and this is it.........
*** OK if you (you know who you are!) are reading this.........close your eyes and skip to the second card! lol **

I used the sketch for the first challenge on the NEW 
challenge blog Crop Stop started!!! 
Boy I tell you Gloria has sketches coming out of her ears!! 
Everywhere I look I see a sketch by her :) 


I used basic grey max & whiskers paper, brown pearls, sentiment is computer generated, punches: ek, su, marvy, paper pieced the image from Robyn's Fetish, and used a ton of pop dots and  boy this puppy is layered!!! The glossy accents on the eyes was still wet when photo was taken (i am so impatient!) 
I followed the sketch 99.9% as Gloria said I HAD to!!! *giggle*


The next card is for: 
Jingle Belles: Challenge #2: Inchies and Twinchies 
* I used twinchies for the four 2" squares*
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #2: "Use a freebie or recycle"
* I used the front paper from my memory box pack of paper that shows all the different papers as my recycled item*
Card Patterns: Sketch 97
paper is memory box tinsel, stamps from stamps and smiles, sentiment is SRM stickers, nesties, black pearls. 
  OK see you all tomorrow for the new sketch on 365 Cards

22 comments:

Jay Gee said...

The first card is so adorable - love the patterned paper and the face on that cat - so cute.

Your second card is a great use of the twinchies and I love the way you paper pieced the snowman's hat and scarf to match.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So sorry to hear about your friends little kitty... I am sure she is going to love this card.. both are really adorable. hugs

SmilynStef said...

What a clever idea to use the paper packaging for your Twinchies ... and the paper piecing on that snowman just bring him to life ... fantastic holiday card ... thanks so much for joining our Jingle Belles fun.

~amy~ said...

Check you out sista!! Love your kitty card...soo sweet of you...Woot woot on your Christmas card!!! Excellent use of the challenges...Love what you did with the Card Patterns sketch!!! Diggin' the twinchies & tinsel:)

Susan said...

nice cards. great idea on recycling the front of the paper pack!

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful cards, girlfriend! So creative to use that package for your card! I love recycle.
And as always - you're the queen of paper piecing! great hat and scarf for that cute snowman.

Gloria Stengel said...

Rose these are both adorable. Love the kitty one! I am so happy you came to play at CropStop with our first challenge and my first sketch with them! Next month, I'll have to make a "special" Pam-type sketch just for you.... {evil laugh here}

Linda said...

Love both of these cards, Rose!!
What perfect papers for your kitty card.
Oh what a sweet little snowman and love the recycled idea!!

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

What a sweet kitty card, and the snowman card is really really cool ! Fun choice of papers too. Sorry it is so cold and miserable down there - Oregon is perfect, as always. lol

Elise said...

I KNOW that "friend" is going to love that kitty card! But I also "know" that she is going to appreciate EVERYTHING about the gesture and the kindness - and PRAYER!!! ...most of all. These are BOTH wonderful {sure, you know I couldn't NOT peek!!! C'mon!} But, seriously, Rose. You are SO tapped in to the MOST craftiliciousness here. Be still my heart - that snow person! Why did Christmas have to go by SO fast!

{THANK YOU, again, my love. The prayers ARE helping... XOXO!}

Arlene said...

Oh my goodness, just beautifully done. Love them both.

Hazel said...

Both cards are gorgeous - I must have a look at Crop Stop and add it to my list! Thanks for joining in CHNC challenge 2 - hope to see you again soon. x

lauren bergold said...

ok, you are just SOOOOOO ♥♥♥CLEVER♥♥♥! i adore both cards... (tho of course i am sorry the first one was needed!) ...but i have to say (being a JINGLE BELLE & thus slightly biased!) that your twinchie card...using the "recycling" element of the little patterned paper swatches from the pkg...is especially ♥AMAZING♥!!! (plus i LOVE that you rounded the corners on those...that just looks SO COOL!)

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's loss :( Your card is sure to cheer her up, it's too cute not to. Your Christmas card is so flippin adorable! That snowman looks so dapper in his hat and scarf. Well done!

Sue said...

Great use for the paper packaging (I save those, too...) and great cards! I think this blog-hopping is as fun as the Jingle Belles challenges are!

Vicki said...

Rose,your card is just too cute!! I love those pps and your kitty die cut is awesome. Thanks for playing along on our CropStop challenge blog.

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Really cute!

I keep saying I'll use the packaging, but then I never finish what's IN the packaging, so I ... well, I guess I still have lots of packaging in my future!

Lorraine said...

So sorry for your friends loss. It is so nice of you to comfort her with your beautiful card. Your twinchie card is awesome. I love the rounded corners.

Lisa - papergrace said...

Your 1st card is so sweet & thoughtful. As a kitty lover I can only say how much *I* would appreciate a card like that.

The 2nd card is SUPER AWESOME!! Love that you recyled/reused the front of your paper pad! GENIUS!! And your snowman is sooooo "cool" (sorry, I couldn't resist). Really a wonderful card!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Two beautiful cards but I especially like the second one beautiful colors so much to see. TFP at cardpatterns.

TesaB said...

These cards are simply adorable - both of them!!! Super cute kitten and looooove the snowman card - brilliant take on the sketch!!!

Scrapaddict said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the top 5 at CP!