Saturday, November 27, 2010

cherish friends


Hope you all had fun this week!!
I want to thank Gloria once more for sending us 
all the gorgeous G45 goodies, 
and for setting up the fab prizes you all can win. 

So, today is the day that you all get the last item needed 
for the week long blog hop on 365 Cards. 

ETA: If you are just starting our week long blog hop be sure to start at THIS post on 365 Cards so you don't miss anything *girn*

Now you need to make a card using ALL 10 items!! **good luck** 
I am SO glad it is Heidi's day and she has to stick to the recipe.
I on the other hand I am free to "cheat & be a rebel" *wink wink*

The DT got the list of ingredients in advance, so you would think this would have helped. But it didn't!! After fussing with  this puppy for 2 days, I decided to let the "evil twin" out and have at it!! 




Here are the 10 items and how I used them *snicker*
1.  Piercing: done around the blue scalloped oval and a bit on paper under lace
2.  Stitching: around entire card front with black thread.
3.  Button: basic grey
4.  Die Cut: *rebel* used my oval nesties.
5.  5 x 5 card: black base with G45 papers, and a bit of K&co too! 
**Gloria told me it was OK to mix paper companies,
but I was still scarred to! lol**
6.  Stickpin: used 2 just for good measure.
7.  Stamp: *rebel* I stamped my sentiment.
8.  Distressing: **well this card had me very distressed!!**
       around edges of large oval and card base dp that is stitched.
9.  Dimensional Sticker: *REBEL* this is when I almost gave up!! but figured out a way to make it work *snicker* see the lady in the mink coat above the lace? well I made my own dimensional sticker by cutting out a lady from the paper and then cutting out her mink coat and popping it up so it looks like she is really wearing it. 
10. lace: misc in stash

How's that for bending the rules Pam? :)

I used this weeks Tuesday sketch for  

OK now you all need to get working on your "recipe card" and get linked up to 365 Cards for your chance to win one of 3 fab prizes.

16 comments:

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card!

Saskia :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love the sentiment.. you are such a little rebel.. but we love you.

One4Joy said...

Rose, you've created a stunning card for the recipe day challenge! love all that vintage goodness!!!

li-bee-ti said...

Briliant take on the recipe challenge, Rose! I love it when you play the rebel... :)
I'm trying to play by the rules for this one... LOL

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Great take on the recipe card and I love when your "evil twin" comes to play.

~amy~ said...

hey, hey, hey...what's wrong with stamping the sentiment? I did that and I don't have an evil twin...that I know of...hopefully not or my kids are in trouble...haha...I love all the dimension to your card Rose...that dimensional sticker was a toughie...I love your fix to that...it's perfect!

Linda said...

AWESOME card girlie....looks like you and the evil twin worked together quite well for this card. 9-)

Gloria Stengel said...

I am snorting, I am laughing so hard! I love the card your evil twin, Rosebud, made! But...with all my 1000s of stamps...I stamped the sentiment, too! brahahaaaaa! Ok, I also stamped a ticket outline...but still! My cheat was the piercing...my piercing was making the holes for my hand stitching! HA!

Stephi said...

very nice card, like all papers and the feeling like it´s happening something in the picture. Lovely!

Elise said...

THIS, my friend, is the MOST gorgeous, eclectic, beautifully composted pile of fabulousness I have seen in a LONG while! LOVE IT! {You're such a hoot!} YOU'VE clearly got your creative mojo... MOJO-ing! Yee Haw!

Cathrina Khoo said...

Wow ... beautiful vintage card ;)

Scrapaddict said...

Lovely vintage feel. Love the 'scene'.

Goblinf said...

naughty but effective!

Linby said...

I LOVE this card- it is so fantastic, such a vintage feel and of course fashion so my fav subject.
You should let your evil twin out more often LOL!
Linbyx

Pam said...

Lol, I love it Rose - rebellion and all!

shelly said...

awesome vintage card girl!