Sunday, November 21, 2010

365 Cards "Vintage Week" Blog Hop starts today.............

Well the week the entire DT on 365 Cards 
has been waiting for is finally here!! 


This week we are sponsored by the one and only 
 "Queen of Vintage" and fellow DT sister......
Gloria!!! 


She has blessed the DT with some of the most awesome goodies to create with and also has put up some fantastic prizes for you to win. Rumor has it there will be more then one way to win.
So be sure to stop over at 365 Cards to read all the rules.

OK now lets get to my part of the blog hop *smile* 

365 Cards is your first stop on the hop and 
today you will visit all of the Sunday DT girls.

You should have arrived from Tesas blog. 

Throughout the week, you will be hopping to each Design Team Member's Blog where each DT Member will have one item listed for you on her blog. You will "collect" your items and use them to create a card at the end of the week. These 11 items will make up a card recipe - in the theme Vintage Love (as in love of all things vintage). We're going to be celebrating this card making style all week long!
**cheater that I am, I copied all that from Gloria's Sat post!*
*giggle* 

My item for the recipe is a 5 x 5 card
*For today you only have to use the sketch*

I turned it to fit my card :)
All of the items I used were sent from Gloria with the exception of the card stock, pearls, ribbon (had to tie my own bow yet again! lol) and sentiment which is computer generated. 
Just a sneak peak at the goodies she has so generously provided for you all to win :)


In honor of Gloria I cased a card of hers
that is one of my favorites!!! *grin*
You can see the original in the right sidebar of her blog.

OK so now you have seen all of the Sunday DT's cards and your next stop will be Gloria's Blog on Monday the 22nd. Have a blast ladies and good luck at winning!!! 


Good grief I almost forgot something very important!! 
I would like you to leave me a comment telling what you feel your card looks "bare" without. 
For me it would be pearls and or photo corners :)


**it was brought to my attention that I said in my post on Thursday that this week will not have any of Pam's "special coffee" induced challenges................. well I stand corrected................. just giving you all fair warning!! LOL I am going to try and play along on that day , time permitting as hubby and I have 4 days off together for Thanksgiving. Yahoo!!!
Don't want you all to go it alone!! LOL

41 comments:

Pam said...

Well done, Rose - and I must say that I love, love, love that sentiment with the image - fabulous!!

Manoli Navarro said...

Great idea to turn the template!
Like you I do not see my finished cards until they placed 2 beads

Laura said...

I love that vintage image...and your bow looks fantastic :) (I don't like to tie bows either...they never look quite right when I make them).

The item my cards look "bare" without... ribbon! :) I think I am using a strip of ribbon on almost every card I make.

Hugs,
Laura^_^

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Rose, what an amazing job you did with your "vintage" card. I especially like the image and that bow you tied. :)

My cards must have patterned paper on them at least a couple different patterns. I love patterned paper.

TesaB said...

Ohhhh, this is one wonderful vintage card!!! LOOOOVE it!!!

STAMPING SAM said...

Love that image, such a fantastice card!

I love bling on my cards, got to have some sparkly or it just isn't finished...

Scrapaddict said...

Ok where is Rose and what have you done to her!!! This is fantastic, I think you've found a new style. My cards can't do without ribbon and/or bows/flowers, that's why it's so hard to make cards for men.

MicheleV said...

Rose this card is fantastic! I love it! WOW! Funny how we get stuck on things that make our cards "complete" for me it is inking the edges of pretty much everything! ...Enjoy Sunday!

Auntie M said...

WOW, I love that you turned the layout. Great idea!! I always think my cards look bare without Bling. It can be anything as long as it is shiny.

Scrappin' Sista said...

What a fun card. I love your take on the sketch. I think my cards look bare with doodling. TFS!

Christel
onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
christel(at)majesticdesigns(dot)net

~amy~ said...

Check you out sista!!! I love it!!!! Fabulous work!

Cazro said...

I love your card, it fits the theme of Vintage very well. I think my cards are bare without either ribbon or card candy. Cheers Caz

PaulaM said...

Wonderful card. I love the elements you have placed in such a beautiful way.
When Imake my cards I always like to have flowers. Since discovering Wild Orchid Craft flowers, I LOVE using them. Thanks for the challenge and sharing your fantastic work.

Jola said...

Fantastyczna kartka!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Ok, yes the card made me LOL. You big cheater! hee hee I love how you used the paper to showcase the image! Just fantastic. My cards are naked unless I have umpteen layers on them! LOL

Maiden said...

Lovely! I just love those Graphic 45:s ladies!! :-)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am wondering if you got one of those "bow makers" that bow looks pretty awesome. Loving your card. I don't know what make my cards look bare because i still have so much to learn on how to make them. hugs

One4Joy said...

Hello there Rose. I simply adore your card! It's fresh, fun and fabulous.

I have to say, my cards must have embossing powder and snippets of trim...tiny little bits, not big bows for me. (though it's pretty on others cards).

Linda said...

WOW girlie what a fabulous Vintage card....love all the great embellishments you have used!!
I always like to put a bit a sparkle on my cards. 8-)

Audrey Frelx said...

This vintage card is gorgeous, Rose!!! You did a magnificent job!!!

Gail said...

What a great image ,perfect for the vintage theme.I have to ink the edges of my cards to finish them off.

Lealoo said...

Very fun card!

wendipooh13 said...

way to go!!! LOVE Your pretty card!!! lets see my card would be bare without ink and buttons, usually

Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire said...

Wow...a 5 x 5 card:) I've never tried one, but have been lovin' those that I see (especially Gloria's which I see all the time since I personally know her:) and they are awesome! You'll notice that even though today's sketch was square, I made my "take" on it rectangular...but I LOVE to stretch my creativity and am up for the challenge:) hmmmm...what do my cards feel bare without???? Ink or paint (I mean to grunge it up a little)...I also NORMALLY distress the edges of my paper (makes it feel more like fabric to me).

Thanks for the inspiration, you card is AWESOME!

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

I love the saying here, it cracked me up !! (so very true it is) The pins are beautiful too - did you make them or did Gloria send those too? Gorgeous !
On my cards I always seem to need to add some ink around things. I would love to do the really clean work, but alas, that is not my talent, so I color the edges and add a whole lot of junk ... lol So, color and junk !

Cathrina Khoo said...

This vintage card is awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I feel my card looks bare without patterned paper.

Maria Matter said...

omgoodness girlie, this is fabulous! You do vintage really well Rose! wonderful image and the sentiment is perfect!!!
hugs & blessings!

Heather said...

Love your card! What a great sentiment! This card has a great vintage feel! LOVE IT!
I feel my cards...or layouts..or anything to do with paper...is bare if I don't have some kind of stamping on the edges...drives me nuts! This is my first time visiting...thanks for the inspiration!

Selena said...

Great card! I like that image! My cards must have patterned paper. They just don't feel right without it.

yyam said...

Cool! Love the vintage goodness! :)

My cards would be bear without misting!!!

CTgirl said...

I like the way you turned the sketch. And turn out a great card! Thanks for the inspiration!

This and that said...

Love this card! I think my cards look bare if they don't have patterned paper.

pojjo said...

gorgeous card :D
i have to have flowers on my cards.. or they will fell "naked" he he

Brenda Dean said...

Wonderful work!

Hmmm...My style is pretty clean and simple and I don't think I have a must-have. Or if I do, it's not obvious to me ;)

Brenda Dean said...

ooooo. I know! Callie is my must-have! She's one of my cats and is always on my crafting table or as she is now, walking over my computer desk!

P.S. Love your fur babies.

lynn said...

Rose, this card is such a wonderful vintage card! Love the Image! Happy thanksgiving!

The Bijeau Family said...

very prretty cards, tfs!

The Bijeau Family said...

oops...forgot to tell you what my card seems "bare" without...ribbon! I love ribbon, the way it looks, feels...everything!

Goblinf said...

Aha finally, an ingredient I feel entirely comfortable with (chortle!) and one that isn't filling me with terror!

What's my card 'bare without'? Tricky one, as my cards are quite bare anyway. I have a serious fetish for those little foam pads that lift up one's elements - if something isn't lifted up a bit, then it feels not quite right to me!

Goblinf Lois xxx

li-bee-ti said...

Fab card!!! You know I still hold your vintage cards you've sent me? I can't possibly give them to anyone! LOL
I must say I don't like your ingredient... but I'm not going to cheat, oh no! LOL
Love, love, love your card.
I could have guessed that you won't make a card without pearls and pnoto corners... Mine is distressing the edges. Almost every card and layout I make, I distress the edges somewhere.
Love you, girl, and thanks for the chance to win!
BTW - that bow of yours is pure perfection! wink wink

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

Try as I might, I seldom can leave a card bling or shimmer free!