Thursday, October 7, 2010

Winter Wishes

Well it is time for our new challenge on Simple Doodles.
"Winter Warmers" 
is the challenge to be inspired by for the next two weeks. This challenge will run from the 8th until the 14th so get to creating what ever comes to mind :)

I know I live in a warmer area and don't have that yukky white cold stuff that I am allergic to, but I freeze in the winter and couldn't get blankets and sweats to work on my card, so I went with a winter themed one! lol

paper: basic grey joval, nesties, misc: stamps, button, snow stickles on hat trim.

 I was inspired by this sketch for Clean & Simple :)


I am liking making CAS cards Sherry!! I even did a bit of sewing........can't see it but it is there on the sides of the plaid paper. lol

16 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love that plaid paper and the snow man is just too cute.

Linda said...

Great card, Rose...the plaid looks like a flannel shirt!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Rose, what a cute card!!! That plaid is just perfect for that cute little snowman and the winter!

Saskia said...

Lovely card!

Saskia :)

Jean Addis said...

The paper combo you used is perfect for your card. It looks like a warm blanket behind the cute snowman.

Jean Addis said...

The paper combo you used is perfect for your card. It looks like a warm blanket behind the cute snowman.

~amy~ said...

Oh this is ADORABLE Rose...that snowperson is sweet and I adore that tarten plaid paper!

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh do cute. I love how you pieced that snowman. I just got this paper and have not cracked the pad open yet! hee hee

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Such a cute card and I think you have nailed down the clean and simple look.

Karen Wilson said...

This is adorable! Love the plaid!

TesaB said...

Super fab card, Rose!! That paper is AWESOME, amd such a cute snow man!!1

Maria Matter said...

oh the plaid looks like a cozy flannel shirt...fabulous look for this cool dude!
hugs & blessings!

Scrapaddict said...

Great card, I too was at a lost with this theme.

lynn said...

such an adorable snowman, rose:) love the bg papers!

Heidi said...

Howdy Rose! Oh, this card is so cute! Love the plaid, adds the perfect winter element of cozy, along with the adorable snowman! You always amaze me with your creations!

li-bee-ti said...

Another fabbie card of the Qween of Paper Piecing!
I just love it and the warm atmosphere it gives.