Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cute as a Button!

Time for the Sunday Sketch on 365 Cards.
Our sponsor this week is DRS Design
Let me tell you these rubber stamps and a dream to use.
Each stamp came out perfect (and that is rare for me as I don't stamp well. lol)

I used Jenny Giraffe and the Cute as a Button! sentiment.


She is paper pieced (I know you are all shocked! lol) with BG paper. 
I even did a bit of sewing to conect the papers toghether! Now that mom is here perhaps she will teach me to sew :) she used to sew all my clothes when I was young. Sure wish her talent would have been passed down to me in the gene pool lol

ETA:
Well you might just be wondering how I came up with this card from today's sketch. I didn't!! In my hurry to get my card made last week so it would be done before getting the house ready and moving mom I used the wrong sketch!! But at least I did use the product from the right sponsor. LOL  
So Pam being the sweetie she is said it was alright that I post it on my blog anyway as I just didn't have time to make a new card using the correct sketch. 
Thanks Pam :)

12 comments:

li-bee-ti said...

Well, well, for only one moment I just thought that you're playing the rebel girl once again.... but it was all just a mistake! LOL
I hope you'll get your chance to rebel a little pretty soon...
The card is tooooooo cute, just as a button! You're the paper piecing queen (btw, basic grey's challenge is paper piecing, join it...).
I'm so happy for you that your mom came to live with you! All my fingers are crossed for all of you!

Linby said...

great card and as always fab piecing. as for not following the sketch well just thought you had really gone over to the dark side today!!!!
Linbyx

TesaB said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!

annieambriel said...

this is just so cute. I love the image... and the colour combo.. yeap love the button there :)

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Such the rebel. The card is definitely cute.

Scrapaddict said...

Wrong sketch or not it's beautiful! Hope all goes well with your Mom being there!

Sharanda said...

Everything happens for a reason...lol! This CARD is cute as a button! Love that image!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Rose, what a cute card!!! And it IS as cute as a button!

Maria Matter said...

hey sweetie, thinking of you! hope all went well moving mom in!

Beautiful paper pieced card!
hugs & blessings!

~amy~ said...

seems like I'm always doing bloggie catch up these days...love your card...it is cute as a button...hope you all are doing fabbie!

Gloria Stengel said...

Well, you cheat on the sketches so much, that who would notice that this one was "wrong"??? hee hee Girl, it's so cute. I love the image!

Elise said...

You're funny and THIS is adorable! Of COURSE you inherited your mom's talent! You know what they say about apples and trees! LEARNING the sewing machine is something LEARNED! Maybe now is the PERFECT time! Yipeeee! This is WONDERFUL, sweet one! Yeahoooooo!