Sunday, August 8, 2010

Watermellon Cocoa :)

This week our sponsor on 365 Cards is Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!!!

I just love Cocoa the mouse so was thrilled to see they blessed the DT with an image of him. So thrilled in fact I jumped on making my card a week early! lol


Isn't he the cutest thing??? :) I started out sticking to the sketch but, you will have to squint and tilt your head to see it!! lol
The banner was to be in the center but just didn't look good so I modified the sketch, or you could say I used "creative freedom" ;)


Amy is always making the cutest cards with banners so thought I would give it a try. Let me tell you she makes it look so easy and being the "perfectionist and balanced" crafter I am, well............ lets just say it took longer to make the banner then paper piece and color the digi! lol




paper: su & october afternoon, punches: ek & su, string (banners are covering it!) may arts, rhinestones: K&co, glossy accents on the seeds and cocoa's eyes, pink stickles on ears and nose, sentiment: SRM sticker.
Check out his cute little tail... I made it pop off the card so he looks more "real" :)



16 comments:

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Rose, this is just adorable and I love how you did the banner and paper pieced the mouse and watermelon.

TesaB said...

Rose, your card is perfectly DARLING!!! Soooo cute!!!! And what a wonderful banner. Well worth the time! LOL!!!

♥♥♥Jan♥♥♥ said...

Is this REALLY your first banner ? One would never ever know it, completely darling. I noticed the little mouse tail right off - just those teeny little details are what make the difference, huh. The paper piecing is cool too, just the right papers. Nice way to start another creative week for you !

Scrapaddict said...

This is just beautiful! I have to try that banner!

Annie@Ambriel said...

This card is just gorgeous.. Love the colour combo and the stamp. Your banner is fantastic :D

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Now this is a card that I could "own" (I may just make it mine lol).... this couldn't be any cuter... love it

Andrea Budjack said...

Such a great card and do love the banner!

MicheleV said...

GREAT card Rose! Love the little mouse and the banner is fabby - I have yet to do a banner :(
Your card is perfect!

Maria Matter said...

oh Rose, couldn't wait to see what you created with a title like
watermelon cocoa...thought you were trying a new recipe! lol

But instead I found this gorgeous little card, paper pieced to perfection! great job!
hugs & blessings!

This and that said...

Such a cute card. I love it!

li-bee-ti said...

I'm glad you add the banner! It looks great.
And the digi stamp is so so cute!!!
I love the creative freedom you took...LOL Never play it by the rule...

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, what a cute image!! Awesome take on the sketch too!

Trish Hughes said...

way too cute, I've had my eye on this image. Just may have to get it now!!!
Trish

Gloria Stengel said...

Adorable and love the paper you used for the banner! yum!

Elise said...

ANOTHER completely adorable card from my sweet friend! This guys is scrumptious! That banner looks terrific!!! {So hard NOT to be influenced by that craft goddess, AMY! But your interpretation of this sketch and your delightful way with color - KA-BANG! This is fabulous!!!

~amy~ said...

A-stinkin'-a-dorable!!!!!!! I'm behind on my blurfin girl:)

Woot woot for banners!!!!