Friday, August 13, 2010

The things I do for Amy........

Oh my here is another post just for you Amy!!

Goodness girlfriend I must be nuts to do all you ask........but your so sweet how can I say no??? LOL


OK Amy has asked "all the brave souls" to re-post the FIRST card they posted on their blog.
**think I am nuts not brave!!** lol
Sure hope she never asks to have one of my fur babies!
Keep in mind I had just started making cards and this was probably one of the first 5 I had ever made!!!

My first post was on January 28th 2009 and this is the card:
(HERE is the original post)




YIKES!!! And to think I was proud of this card!!

I was making cards for the card challenge over on the Cricut message board and this was one for a sketch challenge. Believe it or not I was following the sketches 100% back then! lol

Looking at it and what I make now shows me just how much all of the talent out there in blog land has inspired me and helped me grow as a card maker.
So thank you all for the continued inspiration and all the "lessons" that have helped me over the past year and a half.

*** Also a HUGE thanks to Pam from 365 Cards for all the challenging challenges (even special coffee induced ones!) that have stretched me :)

12 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Girl you have always been very creative... and yes you have grown.

Scrapaddict said...

You have grown since you started! Just call this CAS.

fabricbutterfly said...

That's great Rose, it is so fun to see how you have progressed, you are amazing!!!

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Oh I love it! Wait until you see mine tomorrow ~ you are going to laugh. I didn't even take a photo I scanned it.

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Rose, your card is SUPER cute but also SUPER fun! You have grown each day and we LOVE to see what you are going to post next!

Here is to another 10 years on Blogger!

Hugs Jennifer :)

Gloria Stengel said...

The things we do for Amy. Here is a link to the first cards I ever posted on my blog.

http://gloriascraps.blogspot.com/2008/05/cards.html

Elise said...

Oh, that GIRL! She's "trouble" all right! hee hee This is FUN! I agree about the inspiration of BLOGLAND - it's absolutely AMAZING! I wonder if there are inspiring blogs for LAUNDRY folding and PAPER WORK! Tee hee {Don't worry, I'm not EVEN going to look!} Your card is super sweet - reminds me that I need to turn on that old Cricut once in a while!

Sonya said...

Isn't is amazing how our styles change over time! Your first card was lovely still Rose, but I must say that you've come a long way!

~amy~ said...

I can't believe that there is no paper piecing on this!!! LOL...thanks soo much for playing along...you gotta admit that it is fun to look back at what you created and to see how much things have changed....thanks again for playing along and being one of the brave souls..hahaha....you rock Rose!

Jana said...

What a fun card. It's great seeing everyone's first card post.

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

Wow, this doesn't even look like you AT ALL ! How amazing how far you have come. Know too, your encouragement to the rest of of us has helped us all along this path too.

Fran, said...

Your first is bright and cheerful!
Cheers