Saturday, August 28, 2010

Flash Back Friday with Amy!!!

Warning this is a long one!! 

Do you all remember last week when Amy started this Flash Back Friday kick?? 
As if it wasn't embarrassing enough to re-post my first card,
now she wants our FIRST ever made layout!! 
**I am so tempted to just stop visiting her blog!* {wink wink}
So here is my first ever layout that I made. happy now Amy?? lol

I just happened to find it as I was cleaning out closets on Thursday and making room for my mom so it must have been meant to be {snicker}


This is a pre-made page with stickers added and photos cut out with fiskars scissors. How many of you are surprised that my first layout is of my kitty?? lol  Her name was Rahab but I called her Punkin and yes that is her sticking her paw into my milk and then licking it off !! spoiled, eh?

Just re-read Amy's instructions and realized I am to also add the last layout made. Well that was just posted a few weeks ago but here it is again. Don't want Amy to think I don't follow instructions! LOL

 

My bloging buddy Sherry aka Button Junkie has almost reached 50,000 visitors and she is going to be giving away some of the awesome ribbon and flowers that she makes to one lucky person :) I have some of the ribbon and am loving it!!!! Hop on over and check it out HERE





Well as you read I have been making room for my mother as she is moving in with us on the 11th of next month YAHOO!!!!! Hubby and I are SO thrilled :) 
She is allergic to the cats but is determined to live with us.
So hubby has been searching the web for info on how to live with cats and there are things that can be done to make it possible. Bathing a cat is not fun or easy let me tell you!!! Mom will not let me find other homes for my babies, as I am willing to do. (she is my mom after all so if it comes down to them or her, it will be her no matter what she says!)

Now I would like to ask all of my sisters in Christ for prayers. We know the God we serve can and does perform miracles in the lives of those that trust in him. So please add my mother to your prayers. She doesn't get the "head" allergies it is her lungs that are affected and this makes it very difficult for her to breath.   Thank you so much :) 

 OK off to make my DT card for 365 Cards that is due in 8 hours!! Talk about putting it off till the last day! but I had to keep turning the sketch until I "saw" my card ;)

13 comments:

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

You are a much braver woman than me. Not sure if I can play along with Amy this time. I am trying to get followers not lose them. lol

How wonderful that your Mom is going to come and live with you and for you to offer to get rid of your fur babies if you have to. Now you know she won't let you get rid of your babies.

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

You are a much braver woman than me. Not sure if I can play along with Amy this time. I am trying to get followers not lose them. lol

How wonderful that your Mom is going to come and live with you and for you to offer to get rid of your fur babies if you have to. Now you know she won't let you get rid of your babies.

Gloria Stengel said...

I loved seeing your pages. I'll see if I can scan one of my first pages....but....oooohhh that's scary!

I loved seeing Sherry's flowers! I need some of those! Wonder if she'll sell me some?!

Many prayers for your mom!

Audrey Frelx said...

Rose, I have to admit your braver than I am too, but you're such a good sport!!!

li-bee-ti said...

First, I'm so happy for you that your mom will live with you! I hope for you all that it will work with her alergy.
And wow! You're one brave lady! LOL
For me it's easy peasy to play with Amy, since I've started scrpbooking only 8 months ago.... LOL

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

Ok, that first layout just cracked me up completely. What a huge difference !! Never would have guessed that first and last one were made by the same person, EVER. lol

Linby said...

I can see how your style has changed. How lovely that your Mom is moving in - I will have a place for her in my prayers.
hugs Linbyx

Elise said...

I've been OUT of the loop! This is SO fun! I think I said this when you posted the highway/bear L/O, but I get quite nostalgic when I see "oldies and goodies" like these... I would never scrap like I used to, but I miss the "innocence!" Just using stuff because you like it and not being worried about what's in or NEW. It was a very sweet time! I'm THRILLED that you've shared these!

Elise said...

Sweet Rose! Forgot to say that I will absolutely be praying for YOU and your sweet mom and even your kitty babies! I completely understand the breadth of your dilemma ~ MY prayers and MY heart = holding YOU!

~amy~ said...

woot woot...trying to do some massive catch up here...soooooo glad that you played and lookie lookie...a kitty layout...who would have thought?!!!! hahaha...spoiled felines...

Now how exciting that your momma is going to live with you guys!!! Is she crafty?

Okay, thanks soo much for playing with my flashback friday...haha on Sherry's comment about losing followers...nah, that won't happen...it is all so much fun...seeing the before and after...

suezie said...

Oh Rose you are sooooo much braver than I am LOL! I have layouts just like your first one too. We were actually TOLD to cut out our photos like this huh! What I wouldn't give now to go back and re-do some of mine LOL!

MicheleV said...

I love your flashback friday take 2 - I haven't posted mine yet but I plan to! I have to find some I did a few and then did nothing, then went to cards and am now learning to do pages! Once these 2 are out of the way who knows what Amy will ask for next...hair doos! lol.....
...Rose your mom is lucky to have you and DH!

Piali said...

I like your layouts!!! Clean and simple yet tells the story perfectly! You should scrap more...