Friday, July 23, 2010

For Suezie and Amy : )

** Gloria had a death in her family so our get together has been put on hold. Please pray for her and her family**
** ETA: More info can be found HERE **
Have you ever known someone so super sweet who you just can't say no to? Well I have 2!!! Suezie and Amy are both so super sweet that when they asked to see my layouts I have been working on I couldn't say no.

Let me warn you that I "do not" scrap the way I mak
e cards. LOL

Our honeymoon was a month long motorcycle trip from California to Maine and back across the beautiful country of Canada. Oh if there were only none of that cold, white, wet stuff in the winter that I am allergic to, I would move there in a heartbeat :)

I took over 2500 photos and started scraping them three years ago. Well not all of them, just the best ones :) Have132 pages done so far!! At that time I had never made a card, didn't have my Cricut or a blog yet. So plain and simple with hand embossing done on my Fiskars 12x12 ScrapBoss was my "style".

This 2 page layout is when we were going West across Canada, we were in Ontario just out of Sudbury on the way to Wawa, and had the road to ourselves for miles and miles. So my super funny new husband put his ear to the road to "listen" for cars!! LOL

**I don't like to show my pages but like I said, saying no to Suezie and Amy is so hard!! Happy now ladies??? LOL**

left page:



right page:


16 comments:

suezie said...

Hey Rose - aww shucks your sweet! Thanks soooo much for sharing your pages - they are just what they should be for a memorable trip - clean and un-cluttered! Did you know I struggle with CAS? I do honest - ask Sherry sometime LOL! Plus you did way better than me with your embossing board - I gave up on it but maybe I shouldn't have? Got it around somewhere?? Love the photos too - lucky you - honeymoon sounds wonderful but I don't envy you having to scrap all those photos!!!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Rose!! What awesome pages! I love that their simple and focused. Wow, that's a great honeymoon adventure! I can't wait to see more pics. Keith and I just did our first long (only 5 hrs..lol) motorcycle trip - The Ride For Literacy. I scrapped a few pages on my blog. Was alot of fun, but man, sore tush!!

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...

Oh Rose this is fabulous and you can so do CAS layouts.
I have a similar photo of my hubby from the honeymoon only up in Northern Minnesota you crawl across the road like a bear when you see a car way off in the distance and then wait and watch them look for you when they pass. lol (you had to be there)

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, I didn't know you're a scrapbooking girl!
Your pages are so lovely, and they are exactly what scrapbooking should be - capture the moments.
I wish I could do more CAS layouts (maybe I'll take some lessons from you, like in paperpiecing.. LOL)
The photos are so lovely!
Way to go, girl!

Maria Matter said...

these are beautiful Rose! great embossing and how cute are those little critters! great job!

Deb said...

Hi Rose - Love the CAS pages...let's the attention be drawn to the photos!

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

Wow, these are just beautiful, and I can feel the cold ! The prettiest scrapbook pages I think I have ever seen.

Linda said...

What awesome scrapbook pages and great pictures!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Rose, what great layout pages!!! You did an awesome job!

I'll say a very special prayer tonight for Gloria and her family.

Thanks for your visits too, I always love and appreciate when my friends drop by -- and comment!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I will be praying for Gloria and her family... and I love your layouts... very very nice - glad they talked you into showing them...

Scrapaddict said...

Rose these are gorgeous! I should try to keep mine CAS, too!

TesaB said...

Oh Rose, how fun!!! You scrapbook!!! Love to know that about you! And to see them (tnx Amy and Suezie!). They are lovely, great clean style and great embossing, lets those fun and fabbie photos show. Looks and sounds like a fantastic honey moon!!!

jacque4u2c said...

they look great!

MicheleV said...

Rose this layout is fantastic - please show us more! :)

Elise said...

First of all - I'm extremely sorry about your friend, Gloria... She DEFINITELY has my prayers... Loss is NEVER easy...

On a lighter note, I'm SO delighted that you've shared this L/O! Count me among that gals who WANT TO SEE MORE! Yipeee! I just have to say that there's something about a L/O created in LOVE that is timeless. Scrapbook trends will come and go, but a page that was created with love and enthusiasm will ALWAYS look terrific - exactly as this one does! What a cool honeymoon! You guys are DARLING!

~amy~ said...

check out your clean and crisp layouts sista!!! EXCELLENT...thanks sooo much for sharing them...they really are pretty fabbie girl!!!!