Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Lord is my Strength

Well the 365 Cards DT's "week off" has come to an end and I want to thank all the awesome ladies that stepped in for us :)

We have Kim Bell from Ippity Stamps as our sponsor this week and I have used one of the lovely scripture stamps that Li-bee-ti sent me from Ippity Stamps.


Pam has been hitting the "special coffee" big time this week as you will see form the sketch!! lol
So I did not follow it 100% what's new?? *snicker*


I made this card for myself as I needed a pick-me-up. On Wednesday the dear sweet woman that was like a mother to me whom I took care of for almost seven years went home to be with the Lord. She went peacefully in her sleep and that was a blessing. I will miss her but I know I will see her again when the Lord takes me home one day. She is the one that the Lord used to soften my heart toward Him and I am so blessed by all she did for me and all the love of Christ she showered on me. She prayed for two years that God would send me a husband so I would be taken care of when her time on this earth was done. Well God answered her prayer and I am thrilled he did :)


OK here is the sketch and my card...................




I got the idea to layer the butterfly on velum from Jennifer :-)

paper: dcwv linen closet, butterfly : spellbinders, ribbon: may arts, punches: ms, su, ek, flowers: prima, misc: brown pearls.

12 comments:

TesaB said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Rose! Sending a big hug to you! And wow, you made you a wonderful card! Couldn't be more perfect at this time. The sentiment is simply right!

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...

Rose, this is a great card even if you didn't follow Pam's sketch exactly.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

~amy~ said...

Oh Rose, I'm soooo sorry to hear about your loss...hang in there girl......

I love your gorgeous card for today...dang, that was a challenging sketch, wasn't it? I love everyone's interpretation though...that's why the sunday crew rocks:)

Scrapaddict said...

I will be praying for you. Your card is gorgeous and what strength to make it for yourself. Be Blessed.

li-bee-ti said...

I'm so sorry to read about your loss! It sounds as if you have been blessed with such a wonderful friend, so the loss is very painful.
I'm sending you a big big hug.

Your card is stunning! Every part and detail about it. I just knew those stamps will find a good home! I'm so happy you got them.

(BTW, I think you left a comment on my blog, but I deleted all comments by mistake... You're mostly welcome to come again :))

Maria Matter said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Rose! What a blessing to have known her, sounds like a very special lady!
Sending HUGS!

Gorgeous card!!!

Deb said...

Rose, sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds as if your friend was quite a blessing in your life. Remember, God is the God of all comfort...you can lean on Him! (PS - love your card too)

JellyBeansDesign said...

If you look at my blog, I have something for you!!

http://www.jellybeansdesign.blogspot.com

Fran, said...

Your card is beautiful. God is good!
Cheers

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Rose, I am so sorry to come back visiting you on such a sad note. I am so sorry because I know what it's like to lose someone as close as a mother. The card you made yourself is lovely and, if I'm right, you made it for yourself but also for her because you know she knows you'v made it and why. I cannot think of a better gesture to honor your friend than what you've done.

I want to thank you for your recent visit, and I'm so glad to be back. Missed you all something fierce! Now feel better soon, my prayers are with you.

Linby said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Rose. This card is so beautiful I love how the papers all co-ordinate.
Linby x

Gloria Stengel said...

Your card is stunning. That stamp set is one of my favs.

I pray for you to have healing. Knowing your friend is in the arms of Jesus will be such a comfort! You are in my heart and prayers, as always.

When you get here I will hug your neck in person!