Thursday, May 6, 2010

You're in my prayers

Happy Thursday everyone!!

Today is a special day for me as I have now been blissfully married to my honey for 3 wonderful years :)
My good buddy Shelly and I were to go shopping today but she had a family situation come up so we have to postpone our trip to the Sacramento area. So DH said I could do a bit of on line shopping to hold me over until Shelly and I could make the 3+ hour drive :) Isn't he the sweetest??

OK on to the challenges and my card :)

The DT is on a "Summer" schedule on the OCC Sketch Blog
and that means every other Thursday is my week to create.
So here is this weeks sketch and my card :)

This is also for the new challenge that starts tomorrow
on Simple Doodles which is "Thinking of You"
Remember SD challenges run for 2 weeks :)

Hope you all join us for both the challenges !!!



paper: sassafras, punches: su & ms, nesties, brown pearls, sentiment: computer generated.




ETA: I added this into my post on Thursday and then relized that I was a day early for the 365 challenge! So if you saw this before I edited it yesterday you had a heads up on Fridays challenge LOL

This is also for Day 68 on 365 Cards "The 3 C's"
We are to use: cream, circle, cross stitch on our card.

Now before you get to thinking that I am a big ol' rule bender like Gloria was on Monday, look very close at the bottom right corner as that is where my cross stitch is :) it is printed right on the paper, how easy was that!! lol


There are still a few spots left!!!

♥♥Pay It Forward for Creative People♥♥

I hereby promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment that they want to participate in the PIF challenge. In turn, they promise to post this and send something they made to the first 5 posters on their blog. I promise that your items will be received before the end of June 2010.


If you want to join the fun then just let me know in your comment :)

15 comments:

Scrapaddict said...

Congrats to you and your DH and yes he is a sweetheart to let you "shop" on-line since you had to cancel your trip. OK your cards -- just beautiful but I don't expect anything less from you! Count me in the PIF challenge!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh it's beautiful.. I could certainly use some more tips from you. And yes dh sounds like he might be a keeper. So you and Shelly had to cancel your shopping trip.

Sarah Gough said...

I love this Rose - it would brighten anyone's day!

Linda said...

Beautiful card and the papers are so fabulous!!
Congrats to you and hubby....I would say he is a keeper!!
When you and Shelley do get together hope you have a great time!

Jammie said...

You guys and your "cross stitch cheeting" I don't have peper with cross stitching on it, nor do I have a stamp that's got cross stitch... so I guess I'm going to have to go old fashioned on this one.... hummm....(scratches head).... wish me luck!!!

Jammie said...

Oh, and why not PIF!!! I'd love to... IF you'll have me!

fabricbutterfly said...

You little Cheater :), I love your x-stitch. You really put together some great cards! How do you find the time?
Happy Anniversary!!

Carolyn V said...

Happy Anniversary Rose! I hope you have a lovely day together.

Your card is wonderful - and I love your solution to the X stitch requirement... that's not cheating, that's creativity!!

Jammie said...

Ok, I'm all posted for the PIF! Thanks for including me! Yeay! Hope I have 5 takers!!!! Have a great "A" day! ha ha ha

Ivanka said...

Ok, I found your x-stitch!! All is well...lol! Beautiful card!

Laurel said...

This is beautiful!

Gloria Stengel said...

So pretty, Rose. Your style is so unique. Just like you. hee hee Love ya!

Gloria Stengel said...

Wait! Hey! Who are you callin' a cheater?!!!!

Trish Hughes said...

very pretty, love all of the paper!!! thanks so much for sharing your work with SD.
Trish

KimS said...

Lovely card!!! Of course....you know you can count me in for PIF!!! I will get this posted on my blog Sunday.