Friday, April 23, 2010

Simple Doodles: Something Old

Well you ladies sure made some awesome creations
for our last challenge on Simple Doodles!!
WOW!! we had over 100 entries to drool over :)
Can't wait to see what you all come up with
for our new challenge :
Something Old


This challenge will run from April 23rd until May 6th.
you can create anything you like it doesn't have to be a card :)


OK for my card
The paper from Paper Reflections, have been hoarding for 9 years
(patting myself on the back for using it!)
Flower is made from a book that was printed in 1964 (wow I'm older then it lol)

Now for what the card is made around:
See the button in the center of the flower?
Well that is the "old" item I chose for the challenge.

I was given some buttons by an elderly woman (she is 88 ) that got them when her mother passed about 20yrs ago.Her mother saved everything! So she figures they are at least from the early 50's (making it older then me!!)





12 comments:

magicwanda said...

Oh Rose this card is simply Beautiful....
Great way to recycle.
I really like the paper flower.... Hug Wanda :-D

~amy~ said...

gorgeous girlie...patting you on your back for de-hoarding:) happy friday sista!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Wow 9 years you have been hoarding that paper, and I thought I was bad. lol.... Gorgeous card

Linby said...

I LOVE it. Well done for giving up the paper after 9 years, it goes so well you did a great job with it.
Linbyx

Trish Hughes said...

very pretty, love that flower!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Trish

fabricbutterfly said...

Rose, really that is one stunning card, what a great, great job!!!!

Rosanne said...

Beautiful!

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...

Rose, this is beautiful. love everything about it and that flower ROCKS my friend. Wish I had a neighbor with a bunch of old buttons. lol

Gloria Stengel said...

Hey, are you channeling me?! Shopping in your stash is fun, right?! Fabbie card! Love it. You have my addy, right?

Maria Matter said...

STUNNING!!!!

KimS said...

Very classy looking card!!! I love it!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow! Rose, what a stunning card. I love the paper flower, the button, the paper -- just everything about it. It looks so vintage!!!