Sunday, January 17, 2010

365 Cards Days 321 & 322

365 Cards Day 321: In Stitches
Now I know we've had a stitching challenge before, but this one will likely prove to be a bit more challenging...
The challenge is to stitch on an image to create texture. The image can come from a stamp or patterned paper. It doesn't count if you use something that is already stitched ;)
**I do believe Pam is refering to when I used pre-made quilled butterfly's! LOL**

I stitched (with Q's help!) the cute little lady bug's antini (sp?)
This is a soon to be released digi from Simple Doodles. I can see lots on cards being made with this sweet little image :)
I paper pieced her (are the males called "lady bugs"?? lol) with making memories paper, ek corner punch, bloom from paper blooms, rhinestones for eyes and the ends of antini, swiss dots cb folder.


365 Cards Day 322: Girls' Night Out.
The theme for this challenge is Girls' Night Out, and it doesn't have to be an invitation per se, but your card should be inspired by this theme.

I am so short on time so I colored the image!! And now you all see why I paper piece instead of coloring!! LOL This digi from In Style Stamps was perfect :) unknown paper and ribbon is by Pebbles Inc.

13 comments:

shelly said...

your coloring is funky ;) lol i mean that in a good way rose :) it actually makes the card hip/funky looking along with that paper.. way cool.

shelly said...

cute cute ladybug card... whats a male ladybug called?...hmm.. how about confused! lol
one of my daycare kids used to refer to the ones he decided were boys as lady dudes...(dude dude dude dude looks like a lady.... singing in my best steven tyler/aerosmith voice *grins*) )

Sandy from Ukiah said...

There isn't anything wrong with your coloring... I love that little ladybug..

Scrapaddict said...

We are our own worst critics.... your coloring is perfect! Love the image too. Like what you did with the SD image!

Maria Matter said...

oh, how cool is your stitching, that was a great challenge and you totally rocked it! way to go!

love your girlfriend card too, fabulous colors!!!
Hope you had a great weekend Rose!
Blessings, maria

Linda said...

Super cute little ladybug card....love the papers you used on this one!!
Maybe boy ladybugs are just called beetles. LOL

I actually like the way you have done your coloring on the girlies....looks very cool!!! Great card, Rose!!

magicwanda said...

Hi Rose
Love the stiching ....
I bought some sthiching patterns and have not used them yet , gotta try them!
Hugs Wanda

magicwanda said...

Hi Rose got something for ya on my blog
Big Hugs Wanda

Cindy Coutts said...

ADORABLE cards Rose! Now, you do our sketch tomorrow and find some time so we can all oogle over what you did. Love the furbabies BTW. Hugs!

PenLight said...

You ARE a great talent! Wowie!

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, I consider it a great honor to have an artist such as yourself visit. I'm truly inspired!! Thanks Rose.

Trish Hughes said...

Super cute cards. I really love the stitches!!! What great detail!!! Thanks so much for sharing.
Trish

KimS said...

Great cards Rose!!! I love how you stitched the ladybug! You did a great job with your stitching and coloring!!

Gloria Stengel said...

That ladydude is very cute! LOL Your girlie card is very sweet. LOOOOVVVEEEE that ribbon!