Saturday, December 5, 2009

Simple Doodles Sneak Peaks :0)

Well I have been busy working on a few items that I can not show you until next week ;0)
so ......
if you check out my blog starting Monday the 7th you will see the exciting news I have been preparing for!!! I am sure if you are a regular viewer of my blog you will not be that surprised, and probably already have an idea of what the news will be :0) I will tell you that I have been walking on cloud 9 for the past 2 weeks due to this :0) OK no more hints you'll just have to come back on Monday and read my blog :0) **Shhh don't tell Gloria as I don't want her to turn green with envy!! LOL**


Now to catch up on my 365 Cards:

Day 278: "You can't miss it"
Take an image, and don't add color to the image, except for one element, which should be glittered. The rest of the image should be a solid color (any color is fine). The idea is that the glittered portion of the image really pops!
I used 2 of the soon to be released digi's from Simple Doodles, the band aid (printed on tan card stock) and the sentiment. I poked holes, popped it, and glittered the heart on the band aid with the only stickles that I have to match a heart so it is a bit light.



Day 279: "A Little Wordy" **is Pam trying to tell me something about my post ??? LOL**
Cover the background of your card with words, and there are a lot of ways to do this. You can stamp it, type it/print it, pull some text out of a book or magazine, etc


I used the soon to be released Santa digi and the holly digi (that you can buy now) form Simple Doodles I flocked the fur on his hat and glittered up his beard. I found the words to the song Jolly old Saint Nicholas on line and printed them out to fit the challenge. :0)

Day 280: "Kind of like a candy cane" **I think Pam has been mixing her "special" coffee with her "special" eggnog! LOL

Here's a riddle for you: What do you get when you cross your card with a candy cane?Answer: TODAY'S CHALLENGE!The specifics: Put red and white stripes somewhere on your card.

OK Pam riddle me this: What happens when Santa gets a hold of your "special" drink??? The answer is on my card! LOL

I don't have any red and white striped paper so being the 365 addict that I am .... I made my own to use!!! :0) I cut strips of each @ 1/4" and glued them together onto a piece of card stock then punched the corners and oval out. I have used the fireplace which is another soon to be released digi from Simple Doodles. sentiment is computer generated.

Whew ! That's a lot for one post but if you stuck with me I thank you :0)
Now what could Pam have in store for us next week????? ;0)

10 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Rose - You certainly have been busy, and such cute cards!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I don't know where you find the time to do all these adorable cards. I can't guess what you are up to. :-( I will have to wait till Monday.

Linda said...

You have been very quite this week. I thought you were probably trying to fight your way through some paper, flock and glitter. LOL

Fabulous cards, Rose!!!
Love the way your brick fireplace turned out. 8)

Gloria Stengel said...

Cute cute and cuter! You sure rocked those imagea AND the 365 Cards challenges

I am green with envy and have no idea your news. I bet it's something GREAT! I'll be reading...

Maria Matter said...

You're brilliant Rose, you know that! :)
You go girl making your own striped paper! love it!
these are all fabulous Rose!

Can't wait to hear the news!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Tammy said...

Making your own paper--now that's dedication to the craft! Love how you punched the holes in the band-aid--super cool!

MicheleV said...

Great cards! Love the Santa card ~ look forward to reading your post on Monday!***sorry to hear you made a mess with your cocoa!***lol

~amy~ said...

You are one busy chickie!! Love all your cards rose!!

KimS said...

I am loving all 3 of these cards! How darn cute is Santa??!!!!!! Great job on all of them!!!!

Trish Hughes said...

These cards are some of my favorites from the release!!! You always make me smile!!!
Trish