Wednesday, December 30, 2009

365 Cards Day 305

365 Cards Day 305: "Divide and Conquer"

Here are the instructions from Pam:
Okay - this is a complicated one...
It's about dividing your card into quadrants -
there should be 4 equal parts and each quadrant should contain one of the following:
1 stamped sentiment
1 punched out item
1 floral embellishment
1 rhinestone
And there should be no overlap of items from quadrant to quadrant (but items within a quadrant can overlap). Also, using the rhinestone as an example, you can have several of them if you wish, but they can only be in one quadrant.Too confusing?? I hope not - and it definitely falls into the category of a challenge!

So this is what I came up with:

It looks so much better in real life :)
i chalked the embossed area with light blue, heat embossed the sentiment with silver.
paper: ms, dry embossing: sizzix, punches: ms, rhinestones: k&co, misc: ribbon, stickles, pearls

16 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well it looks pretty good here too. I love this Rose, I think you have outdone yourself - this is so beautiful.

Linda said...

Beautiful!!!!! Love the embossing in each section and all the lovely ways your have done the embellishing!! 8)

kristie sessions said...

oooh, Rose. This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the colors and the embossing with sponging is fabulous. Nice work with the challenge! I have been away for a bit and am so glad to get to come visit you again! Hope all is well for you.

Robyn said...

Rose, this is BEAUTIFUL! So elegant looking! Happy New Year!

Gloria Stengel said...

Are you kidding me?! This is FANTASTIC. I love the embossing and the chalking and man I really want that butterfly punch! Great job, Rose!

li-bee-ti said...

Oh Rose! this is GORGEOUS! I love it so much! so delicate, so beautiful! you really rocked this challenge!

Linby said...

it looks beautiful to me too-so delicate a real work of art.
Linbyx

Elise said...

HELLO, BREATHTAKING card! Goodness, gracious, Rose! This is exquisite! What wonderful work ~ your photography is excellent, too! Wahooo! You are such a talented card maker! Thanks for the terrific inspiration!

Goblinf said...

baby blue and white is a perfect combination, and I crave those little flowers...

Scrapaddict said...

Rose this is beautiful! My card is surprisingly similar. Happy New Year!

The Craftie Gal said...

Love it! Is that butterfly punch that you used? Is that what I read?

Linby said...

Hi Rose
Me again! I've left an award for you on my blog.
Happy New Year
Linbyx

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous Rose! This is just BEAUTIFUL!!! You definitely met the challenge and with style! Here's wishing you a healthy happy New Year. xxD

Jessica T said...

Possibly one of my all time favourites your cards Rose, its simply stunning! Love the colours you chose to work with. What an awesome card from a pretty challenging challenge xx

shelly said...

oooh rose this is just gorgeous! love it girlie.

Pam said...

This is truly stunning, Rose!!