Thursday, November 19, 2009

Way to Go!

Today on 365 Cards Pam has given us the challenge "Keep it to Yourself"

And this Keep it to Yourself challenge is to design a congratulatory card that uses decorations on the outside of the card to help convey the message on the inside of the card.




I made a quick card as I have to be at the dentist in two hours. I had my top front bridge fall out and now have to have two teeth removed and a partial made :0(

So if you hear screaming and bawling you know it is me! lol (I am terrified of the dentist and I always cry in his chair!)

And thanks to Linda B I have the song "All I want for Christmas is my three front teeth" in my head. lol Well I had to change if from 2 to 3 didn't I? ROFL

ETA: the dentist could not get the teeth out after an hour so sent me to an oral surgeon to be put under and the work done. I Praise God for modern medical knowledge!!! Thankfully he fit me in and now I am off to bed and will try to make a card for Friday's challenge so I don't fall behind. (this is so i dont have to email all that i need to as I am too drained to email you all)


paper: unknown, award cut from cricut plantin schoolbook and shadow, ek punches, twine, and misc buttons.

11 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I wish my cards would turn out half as good as your "quick" ones.. Very cute..

I am so sorry you have to go to the dentist, I am such a baby. They have to give me laughing gas just to clean my teeth. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Super card for a quickie. Love it.
Hope you are ok at the dentist. I don't mind at all, I'd sooner go there than have my hair cut arrrggghhh!!!! I have a bit of bridge work so l know what you are going through. ((((hugs))))

Julia Moss said...

Wow great card for being in such a hurry....wonderful job. My husband is an Oral Surgeon....I know what you're going through....ouch! Feel Better!

~amy~ said...

Good grief girlie...this is one of your quick cards??!! I love it!!!

Chrissy C said...

Fantastic! Love the little ribbon and how it matches the other paper perfectly! Good luck with your toofus'. I hate the dentist too!

Robyn said...

Awesome card! I love the patterned papers!
Glad to hear you survived the dentist and oral surgeon...."way to go"!

Linda said...

Great card, Rose!!!
I have been thinking about you all day.....sounds like you have really had an ordeal and a half. Get some rest and let the meds help you to feel more comfortable. Hope you are feeling much better in the morning. 8)

KimS said...

Cute card!!! I love the buttons!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!

Scrapaddict said...

Rose I can feel your pain as I went thru this myself a few years ago. Get some rest and I hope you feel better soon.

Scrapaddict said...

BTW I love the card - the colors are fantastic!

Gloria Stengel said...

Even your bad day cards are great!

I hope you feel rested by now. I am praying for you! I am also a big baby at the dentist! I always get the shakes and they have to give me a blankie! If I have novicane (sp?) that gives me super shakes and a migraine. I'm just a mess. I guess us rebels are just twinkies on the inside!