Friday, November 13, 2009

Snow Penguin

365 Cards Day 258: "Put a Lid On It!" **I think Pam is trying to tell me something! LOL**
She really means that we are to put a HAT on our card :0)


Simple Doodles: "Make it Pop Out" Use some 3-D items on your card and a digi from Simple Doodles ***there are some FREE ones HERE!!***
This challenge will only run for 1 week instead of the normal 2 weeks due to Thanksgiving.This is also a challenge for a GD spot!! :0)

Well seeing that Gloria swiped my card idea before I could make it I forced myself to use one of the new releases from Simple Doodles. So take that Gloria!! LOL *hugs*

Santa Penguin by Simple Doodles ,base is white glitter paper from Target, BG eskimo kisses (yes I know it is all I have been using, but it is new and so yummy!) ms snowflake punch, k&co bling, BG buttons.

I tried two new techniques, not sure I did them right so any input is welcomed ! :0)

ms glitter and flocking mixed, thanks for the tip Linda (think i used too much glitter!)

then I used crackle accents on the ornaments. this is NOT for the impatient folks such as myself!! lol doesn't look very "crackly" to me :0(

13 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Very cute. And good thing you did not steal my idea! That would mean WAR, missy!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I really enjoy coming to your blog to see what you have "cooked" up.. love the buttons.

Linby said...

love this penguin he is so cute with the different papers. If he is a digi stamp did you have to print him several times on different papers? this is something I am trying to get my head around as new to using digis!
Linbyx

Chrissy C said...

He is so sweet! I love how you're using the patterned paper on your animals! Adorable!

Scrapaddict said...

Very cute Rose, really love how you paper piece. I tried but I'm all thumbs!

fabricbutterfly said...

Rose, what a great card, that is the cutest little penguin, and I love the way you paper pieced him!!

Trish Hughes said...

How cute is your penguin!!! They look so different from just coloring them in. Love all of the paper you used!!! Thanks for sharing this and playing along with Simple Doodles.
Trish

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Now that's the cutest penguin I've seen in a long time, especially his hat. :-)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Rose, LOVE the fun penguin and the fun paper layering!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Linda said...

Love this little guy!!! You do a fabulous job with the paper pieceing.....I need to take lessons from you. Your glitter snow looks perfect!! 8)

KimS said...

Such a cute card!!! The penquin is adorable!

Leah said...

Way too cute, I love it:)

MicheleV said...

he is so cute - reminds me of being all warm and comfy in pj's!