Saturday, November 7, 2009

Playing Catch Up! :0) Days: 247, 251, & 252

365 Cards Day 247: "Ad Inspired"
Gloria gave us this beautiful pic to be inspired by.

I used a sheet of rub-ons by heidi grace and cut it apart so it would work as a wreath. EACH flower was put on one at a time!! I know I am crazy right?? LOL

I punched a circle in the front so the sentiment would show and used some blue raffia and Happy Fall is from the stamp set Fall Harvest HERE at Stamps and Smiles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
365 Cards Day 251: "Dream Duo"
Pam asked: When you scrap, what are your two favorite colors to work with? Those are the two that I challenge you to work with, and try to stick to shades of only those two colors.

**Well this was a HUGE challenge as I have yummy new paper sitting on my craft table screaming to be used!!** So I tried to be good and not "bend" the rules but the new paper won!** LOL

Penny's Challenge:Winter Theme!but... your project MUST include either glitter or sparkles AND somewhere on there I want to see some ribbon!

** Well a HUGE thank you to Gloria for showing how she organized her ribbon!! I have followed her lead and now I can see what I have so it can be used :0) She does teach me some GOOD things now and then LOL

Simple Doodles: Let's see what you got challenge: open to use any image as long as it is a Simple Doodles one. There are some freebies on past posts for you to use :0)

**This is also a challenge for her next GD!! So if you would like to have 3 of the new digis before they are released head on over and post your card**

Pam.... I used red and green as my two colors and have NO clue how the white got there!! ;0)

I paper pieced the cute little owl it's "Winter Owl" by Simple Doodles , paper: basic grey wassail, sentiment is from Stamps and Smiles "Tis The Season to Be Jolly" set HERE , reddish ribbon, and black (i mean dark red!) rhinestones for the eyes and bling, CB snowflake folder and SU oval and scallop oval.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
365 Cards Day 252: "White Space"
Pam says: Just to clarify, because there have been questions in the past, the "white" area doesn't have to be white in color, just keep it free of decorations. **well I tried but the woolie had a mind of it's own!! lol"**
Here is the sketch we were to use:
I LOVE white space challenge days!! :0) It is the only time it takes me less then an hour to make my card lol
paper and woolies: basic grey indian summer, su! punches, k&co bling on tiny leaf, and the sentiment is from Stamps and Smiles "Fall Harvest" set HERE.

Well that is all for today, bet your glad!! LOL :0) Perhaps Glenna is rubbing off on me!! (wink)

18 comments:

Maria Matter said...

wowza Rose, there is some gorgeous inspiration here!!!!

First, I love, love wreaths!!!! And your wreath card is simple gorgeous, love these colors!!!

Wonderful job with flourished owl and your amazing play with colors for your autumn card!!!!

Blessings, Maria

stamprgrl said...

oh thanks Rose, and thank goodness you noticed not sure why my snowman card didn't post... I'll work on that now.

I wanted to tell you that wreath card, rocks at so many levels girl.

-- dalis

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You have been one busy lady.. and what beautiful creations you have created... I love that owl and the wreath is beautiful

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh wow. I love ALL of these challenges! (and white is a neutral, not a color...it is the absence of color....) I cannot pick my fav out of these as I love them all.

And YAY on you for organizing your ribbon! I am super happy now that mine is organized! SO EASY to find what I need!

Have a great weekend! Love ya!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards. Love the wreath, fabulous way to have done it. I'm busy on a catch up now just about ready to download, it's been much easier now I'm sorted out. Well done on sorting your ribbons.

magicwanda said...

Hi Rose
They are all soooooo beautiful!
I really like the first one ....Way to play catch up
I just finished OCC now on to the next...lol
Big HUgs Wanda

AUsome mom said...

Beautiful job on all of your cards Rose! I have to say that my fav is the wreath. I am so ready for the holidays and your card is just too gorgeous! Hugs...

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful cards Rose!! Your first card is gorgeous, I just LOVE the rustic design and beautiful detail.

You rocked the sketch and what a precious card using that adorable owl.

Thinking of you, Jennifer :)

Linda said...

WOW girlie you have really made some FABULOUS cards today!!!
Love the elegant wreath...it was worth it to add each flower separately.
Ohhhhh you owl is such a cutie....great card!!
Love the white space card.....mine went together in about 20 minutes.

Jennifer said...

Your cards are wonderful. THanks for stopping by my blog.

li-bee-ti said...

Rose hi,
thank you so much for your kind words about my work.
I see that we were very busy the past days catching up all those challenges.
I see your work in many challenges I take, and it is always very beautiful and inspiring.

as for the fan flowers, it is realy very easy to make them. try this site, Helen has a wonderful tutorials.
xxx
Libeeti

Scrapaddict said...

Rose, Love your cards, especially like how you did the wreath.

Bohemian Gypsy said...

You did a fantastic job on all your catch up cards Rose. I love them all but the owl card wins for me lol. You know me and owls almost as passionate as Amy about them hehehe.
I miss our chats together too Rose. So we should definitely catch up my friend. How about it??
Hugs
Michelle

KimS said...

Great job on catching up. Love all the cards!!!!

Sophie said...

Great cards !

artful pioneer said...

Ohhhh, this one is just so beautiful!! And the composition is amazing. Inspiring. Prayed for you and your family today!

Terry Oulboub said...

Rose, you did a fabulous job with the rub-ons -those things never work for me most of the time. Yours is truly lovely. Oh my, the owl card - that is just sensational! Those papers are fabulous! You did a great take on the sketch with those beautiful colors - I just love it!

Jessica said...

Wow these are all great! I think the white space one is my fave tho :) may have to give that sketch a go too! xx