Thursday, November 5, 2009

Piet Mondrian does Vintage!!

365 Cards: "Marvelous Mondrian" We are to make a card inspired by his art. Well I googled him and saw he has done drawings also and they inspired me so I combined those with his "grid look" to make my card :0)
NOT cheating Gloria as Pam said: it's not necessary to use the red/yellow/blue color scheme, but you can if you wish. You can use the composition ....or you can use one of Mondrian's other compositions for inspiration.
See Pam I can be good ;0)

Pile it On: Thank you card
Our Creative Corner: Vintage Style

I layered the Nostalgiques stickers onto black and cut them out so they have a shadow, made my two stick pins, computer generated the sentiment, added black rhinestones and used fiskars give it a swirl punch for the medallion square. paper is k&co

13 comments:

magicwanda said...

Oh my Goodness Rose......
This is AWESOME Girl!
Wow I love it
Big Hugs Wanda

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Rose, this is so "awesome".. I love how you made the little "boxes" for each item.. toooo cute.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

That's beautiful. Love that punch.

fabricbutterfly said...

Rose, just stunning, this one was so hard for me, but you scored big time with it, fabulous!!! why do I feel like we are some of the few still playing at 365?

Linda said...

FABULOUS card, Rose!!! Very stunning layout!! 8)

~amy~ said...

Rose, super job on the challenge..you rebel you:)

Kristen said...

Very pretty, you took a modern art piece and made it very vintage and beautiful!

Terry Oulboub said...

WOW! This is incredible! The papers are divine and how you were able to put vintage together is like unbelievable! I do so love this card - it is magnificent!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the vintage, you know I do. But come on...first Amy tries to steal my rebel crown and now you! What is wrong with you girls!? (wink) I am nothing w/o my crown! (sniff sniff)

Celeste said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Rose. You are so talented!

maxine said...

This is a beautiful card, thanks for popping over to my blog.

stamprgrl said...

rose,
those hat pins are so flippin' perfect there!

Sorry for the delay on leaving a comment. Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

-- dalis

Gloria Stengel said...

Congrats for winning Showcase card at PIO! You so totally rock!