Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Shaker Card

365 Cards Day 234: "Tuesday's Trio" So here's your trio: Pearl - Tag - Ribbon.
Project Tuesday: "Shaker Card"
Hand Full of Stamps: "Rainbow Bling Challenge"
Penny's Challenges: "Halloween" Let's see your witches, pumpkins, cats and bats!!!**As a Christian I do not do Halloween but Penny said PUMPKINS so it works for her challenge this week! :0)

This was my first ever shaker card and it took 4 hours to make! OK to be honest talking to Shelly on the phone for 2 of those hours made it take longer! Couldn't pass that one up Shelly!! lol :0) I never can see my card in my head before starting to make it as some do, it just gets created as I go, which sometimes (like a shaker card!) is a very slow process. But it was fun to make and I think I will be making more for different occasions :0)

paper is DCWV Indian Summer, the pumpkin window is a cut from cricut paper dolls and dress up (then altered to work as a window), the sentiment and the pumpkin on the tag are from Stamps and Smiles, my colored "bling" is the dew drops used to fill the card, pearls on the sentiment, ribbon was in the goodie bag I won from Stamps and Smiles.

17 comments:

Penny D. said...

omgosh this is sooo cute! How cool is that middle pumpkin!!!!???

Thanks for joining us this week!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

very creative as always- cute as can be

Trish Hughes said...

Super job with shaker, you are so talented!!! A cute card, too!!! Thanks for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Saskia said...

Wow! Great card, very creative!!

Saskia :)

Mrs B said...

Oh, I love your card! What a great idea idea to use the pumpkin as the shaker holder! Very creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Project Tuesday!
CindyB

Linda said...

This is just an adorable little shaker card!!! Love the gems in the pumpkin....much nicer than the stringy sticky seeds. LOL 8)

Leah said...

Fun card Rose! I have never made a shaker card either! I'll have to try one soon:) I don't celebrate Halloween either, love the pumpkins though.

Maria Matter said...

oh Rose, this is absolutely fabulous!!! You did a great job on this with the paper and all!!! I love it!
Blessings, Maria

Lisa said...

Love your card Rose! So glad you could join us at Project Tuesday this week!

scrapperjulia said...

Very cute! I love shakers!

Chrissy C said...

This is adorable! I love the pumpkins! I've never been brave enough to try a shaker either. I wouldn't know where to begin...lol!

shelly said...

this turned out awesome rose! i love the use of the dewdrops..perfect!

My Little Space said...

Your shaker card turned out great!

Mandy

My Little Space said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Meyer said...

LOVE your shaker card and cute pumpkin top! Fun design Rose, thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a fantastic shaker card! I haven't tried one of these yet but you have inspired me!!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge! I do hope you'll come back again next week!!

chercroppin said...

Love this shaker card! And your pumpkins are awesome!

Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges and we hope you join us again this Wednesday!