Tuesday, October 20, 2009

365 Cards Day 233 & Stamps and Smiles #36

365 Cards Day 233 "Favorite Fabric" Our fearless leader Pam says:
Today's challenge is about finding inspiration right in your home. Specifically, I want you to find a piece of fabric in your home (it could be from a curtain, quilt, sweater, whatever you can find) that you love. Take a photo of it and share the fabric that inspired your card. And just so there's no confusion, I'm not asking you to put any fabric on your card, just use it for inspiration.
And Pam, just because Gloria cheated 110% I am not going to follow her lead! (well this time !! LOL)

I am NOT a quilter, my mother gave up years ago trying to teach me! I used to sit for hours working on 32 count linen counted cross stitch and fall asleep as it relaxed me so much, but quilting made me a nervous wreck.

I have a lot of quilts that my mother made before she could no longer do quilting by hand, she refuses to machine quilt. (that to me would be like making a digi card! so i see her point) Any way i pulled out one of my favorite ones and used it for my inspiration. As soon as I laid it over the chair I had both cats fighting over who gets to curl up and sleep on it!! Q won as always! LOL Well that is why they are all kept in the closet, as the nails tend to snag the stitching and rip the fabric of the quilts from my childhood (and that was a LONG time ago!) And no I will not de-claw them!!
paper is k&co all scraps :0)

14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Rose! I really like your inspiration!

good for you, keeping those claws!!!
blessings, Maria

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Beautiful quilt Rose and stunning card as usual.
Hugs
Michelle

fabricbutterfly said...

Oh my stars I sooo agree about the hand quilting thing your mom and I see eye to eye on that one.
I LOVE your card and the story about the furbabies, when we had our little boy the minute you would pull out a quilt he would run over and wait for you to get settled and then find the perfect spot for himself, your card is just a perfect representation (sp,whatever) of that, thanks so much for sharing, I LOVE IT!!

magicwanda said...

O-M-G Rose....that Quilt is Beautiful...boy would I cherish that! Your Mom does awesome work...I see where you get your craftiness from .
I agree I would not declaw the cats either ( OUCH )
The card turned out great and you had great inspiration....Big Hugs Wanda

Jennifer Meyer said...

What a beautiful card Rose, I LOVE the quilted background and fun cat image!

Thanks for joining us over at Stamps and Smiles!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Celeste said...

Gorgeous "kitty" card. I love the quilt, God bless your mama and you.

Mrs B said...

Rose, this is just beautiful! I love the patchwork background!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Smiles this week!
CindyB

Linda said...

That is a very beautiful quilt that your mother made. I have some that my mother and grandmother made that I keep on display.....but I don't have any kitty's that like to nap on them.
Love your card....the colors are fabulous!! I like that the sleeping kitty image goes right along with your story about them. 8)

~amy~ said...

Hey you...rule follower :) I absolutely LOVE your card...great job on the challenge...it's absolutely purrrfect!

shelly said...

beautiful quilt! and such a pretty card too.

Gloria Stengel said...

Your card is Puuurrrfect! Get it...hee hee. That quilt would look so great in my house...and my cat was declawed in the front when we got him...so he can only snag with his back claws...

Lisa said...

Stunning quilt and a card to match! Very nice work lady! Thanks for joining us at The Fresh Batch!

Leah said...

I missed this one Rose, I love the quilted background, came out perfect and the kitty too, I have that stamp set:)

Pam said...

Yay - nice to see you following the rules ;) But seriously, this card is so beautiful and the quilt you chose for inspiration is, too :)