Thursday, October 1, 2009

365 Cards Day 215 "4 Elements"

365 Cards Day 215: "4 Elements" Here are the specifics on today's challenge:Divide your card into 4 parts representing the 4 basic elements: water, fire, earth, and air.
sounds easy right? well i went on line to look the 4 elements up as all i kept thinking of was the movie the fifth element lol
so i found this photo and thought it would make a cool card...(well without the glue on the metallic gold it would be)

Swimberghe's "The Four Elements": the symbols of the four elements in goldleaf on square fields of indigo.
and here is mine...

it is not a good day to take pics as we have clouds :0( but you get the idea i hope.

8 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very creative ...I love the shiny gold paper with the blue..

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Oh! how clever. It's great, I love it. I really struggled with this, hence the tome on my blog. lol!!

Esther said...

I almost looked them up on line, but I didn't. Even if I had, I wouldn't have thought to do what you did! Very creative!
(Yes, it was a very hard challenge!)

~amy~ said...

well, aren't you the miss smarty pants...you actually looked them up! Great job Rose...

Cheri said...

That was a neat idea and I have never seen them displayed this way. Great job.

MicheleV said...

Nice card Rose - very creative!

Chrissy C said...

very nice card!

Fran, said...

Very, very clever.
Cheers