Friday, September 18, 2009

365 Cards Day 202 "Once Upon a Time"

365 "Once Upon a Time" The challenge is to take inspiration from your favorite fairy tale - well, actually, any one will do even if it's not your favorite.

This was difficult as I have not read a fairy tale for close to 30 years!! But I did remember when I was about 5 my two sisters and I would get out our record player and a 45(yep I'm that old) with the song that the Fairy Godmother would sing and we would act it out with our little white mice and sheets as robes and wooden spoon for a wand. So that is what my card is about today. :0)
Danni's Dreams: butterfly and sparkle (paper and bling sparkle)

Fairy Godmother's Song:
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-booPut 'em together and what have you gotbibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-booIt'll do magic believe it or notbibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola means mechicka boolerooBut the thingmabob that does the job isbibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola menchicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-booPut 'em together and what have you gotbibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

I'm not thrilled I had to rush my card, but GLORIA was getting so pushy!! LOL ;0)
colored a pic i found on line, paper-dcwv garden party, ms butterfly, su! corner, words are computer generated.

Sure hope Pam is to busy with her mom this next few days to think up brain buster challenges LOL (just kidding Pam! I enjoy the challenge :0)

6 comments:

Danni said...

Oh if we could all have a fairy godmother!!
Cute card!
Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Linda said...

Very cute....and a bibbidi...bobbidi...boo to you too!!! 8)

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Nice take on the challenge Rose. Don't you hate it when someone rushes you? lol don't they know you can rush brilliance!!! hehehehehe
Hugs
Michelle

Pam said...

Here comes my evil laugh....muahaha....I'm stirring up a brew of crazy hard challenges for ya!! But seriously, your card made me smile because I had that song as my cell phone ring tone for the longest time :)

MicheleV said...

Very cute ~ and thanks for putting the song on your blog...now I'm going to be singing it all night long!

Maria Matter said...

this is a fun one Rose!
love that you included the song, haven't read that book to the kids in a longgggg time!

Be blessed!