Friday, September 11, 2009

365 Cards Day 195 "Pretty Pattern" & Get Sketchy & Stamp Something

365 Cards : "Pretty Pattern"
Today's challenge is all about Gingham. But you won't be surprised, I'm sure that this is not a simple challenge. Create a piece of clothing with gingham as the pattern. You can stamp it, print a digital image, hand-draw it, or whatever you wish to do.


Get Sketchy: Sketch #5 Bonus Challenge this week: Make your own embellishments.
Well when I looked at the challenge before going to my part-time job this morning I zeroed in on the "make your own embellishments" and had my card made before remembering there is a sketch to follow!! So I fussed with it a wee bit and it still doesn't look like the sketch! But I did make my own hanger :) does that make up for not following the sketch Amy??? LOL

**you all can hop over HERE to see the sketch ;)

Stamp Something: "Favorite Embellishments " (flowers)


paper: dress - unknown, all other paper is dcwv garden party, dress is a digi stamp form Sassy Studio Designs
flowers are handmade by Leah at PaperBlooms :), pearls, su! sentiment. I made the hanger out of some thin wire dh had :)

Hopefully I will be able to do the sketch over again before next Friday :)

23 comments:

Sherry said...

Rose, I love this I may have to buy that digi stamp after seeing how cute your card turned out.

Carolyn V said...

Gorgeous, Rose!! Simply gorgeous... and I love that you made your own hanger - it's awesome, and adds so much. Great choice of colours, too. :D

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Beautiful card today Rose and isn't the garden stack lovely? I saw so many stacks yesterday which I had not seen before it was hard to limit myself to two lol. I am now the proud owner of 8 stacks from DCWV. . .YAY!!! I was going to use that coral floral one you have used here hehe on my card today but changed my mind.
Hugs
Michelle

Danni said...

Cute card!

Celeste said...

Love the dress, the flower, and especially the hanger. Your colors are great! Aren't you the clever one? Like Michelle, I also bought some DCWV stacks (only 5 though.)

Maria Matter said...

oh I love this Rose....soo beautiful!

I have to tell you, I love popping over to your blog and seeing that 'true compassion' photo each time...priceless!
have a great weekend!!!
blessings, Maria

Cardcrazy said...

I love this card! That little crocheted flower is wonderful! Love the pink gingham dress and it all looks so good on that green paper! ~~Pam

Linda said...

Rose, this is one of my very favorite color combos!
You have made a very lovely pink gingham dress and that such a nice touch with the crochet flower embellishment!!

Angèle said...

Such a nice card! I LOVE it!
Thank you for playing with us at GS!

Dora said...

Stunning card, love the dress and the hanger!
thnx for playing!

magicwanda said...

Oh My goodness Rose......
How cute is this, I love the dress and the paper you used
what a great card
Big Hugs Wanda

Laurel said...

Wow, great job! Love that dress image!

Bree said...

Very cool dress, and I loooove that hanger.

Thanks for playing GETSKETCHY!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I so love that little dress, what an adorable card. I think I need some of those flowers.. very very cute. Did you make the little hanger?

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I asked about the hanger and then saw you had made it.. dud...you are so creative

Liszha said...

Just gorgeous Rose, absolutely fabulous dress!

DonnaMundinger said...

My goodness you ARE quite the crafty one! LOVE the little hanger. Darling card! xxD

Scrapaddict said...

This is gorgeous! Love the hanger!

KimS said...

This is just such a pretty card!!! I love how you made your own hanger! Great job!

Pam said...

This card is so beautiful, Rose - I just love it!

Jenni said...

Love the card and particularly that crocheted flower! Thanks for joining in with the Stamp Something challenge this week.
Jenni x

Deanne K said...

What an adorable card - I love the hanger!!

~amy~ said...

Rose, I'm sooo behind on commenting...super CUTE card...love how you combined challenges :) That dress is adorable and check out that hanger...aren't you clever?!!!