Wednesday, August 12, 2009

PaperBlooms Home Decor

Our challenge for this time is to create a home decor piece. It can be anything you can dream up from simple to lavish. We hope you'll play along with us and remember you don't have to have any Paper Blooms to join in.

This week's featured artist is Katie with her adorable kitty card! Well you all know how much I love kitty's so I was thrilled to see that Leah had choose Katie's supper cute card :)

Our Guest Designer this month is Evelin. Be sure to check out her blog and see all the fantastic items she creates :)

And last but not least we have added a new member to our Design Team..... The supper talented Carla!! Hop on over and show her some love :)

And now on to my Home Decor item:

I have created a recipe holder using a large clothespin from Joann's. I covered the front and back with paper by K&co,bling by K&co, inked up the rest of the clothes pin, added some beads on hemp and a ribbon , then used some of Leah's wonderful handmade items. The felt apple and crocheted butterfly are just a few of the items she has for sale in her Etsy shop HERE .

Be sure to check out the other items that our Design Team has made for this challenge on PaperBlooms.

7 comments:

Quirky said...

Hey Rose, thanks for your sweet compliments! I love your clothspeg recipe holder! I have never seen one so big here in Malaysia, though :)

Rosemary said...

What a great idea! Love the little touches that make it pop.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an adorable idea. Where did you find the BIG clothes pin? I love how you decorated it.

fabricbutterfly said...

Great job Rose, and a great idea, really nice!!! I am still trying to figure out what to do, hmmmmmmm.

magicwanda said...

Hi Rose ...This turned out great...I have been wanting to make one of these for a while now...I think you just inspired me.
I knew if I came over here you would help me with my MOJO...LOL
Big Hugs Wanda

Deb said...

Very Cute!! I have a big clothespin that has been taking up space here because I didn't know what to do with it. I may have to find it and use yours for inspiration.

shelly said...

i already told you what you can do with this...:) lol yep anyone tries to lay claim on it..its MINE! lol im so going to lift this girl! love it!