Saturday, August 22, 2009

365 Cards Day 175 "Stapin' Saturday"

As I was getting my housework done today my husband came in with the mail and look what came...... Sherry aka Button Junkie sent me a FANTASTIC package!! She did a drawing of all her followers and I won :-) Well let me tell you my DH has never seen me clean so fast as I knew as soon as I opened it the cleaning would stop! lol
She sent me my very first Basic Grey papers and some of the cutest stamps. I now know why you all love this brand of paper it is so pretty. I had to force myself to use some to make a card as I wanted to keep it all and just look at it :)
Thank you SO much Sherry. You should hop over and see the awesome cards she creates, she is fantastic and fast!!

On to my card.......
365 Cards: "Stampin Saturday" here are our instruction from Pam
The challenge for today is all about layering stamps. Now, I'm not talking about masking, but actually overlapping stamps to create a really neat effect. Probably the best way to do this is to create a background, but it's not necessary.

Get Sketchy: sketch #2 the bonus challenge is to use a punch. (do two circle one count?)
Crafty Creations: Tags (hope my small tag counts!)


Of course I used the BasicGrey paper and stamps that Sherry sent me :)

22 comments:

Sherry said...

Rose, fabulous job on your card today and so happy that you liked your little blog candy. Now you know why I love those BG papers.

Deb said...

Congrats on the candy!! The card you made using it is absolutely adorable.

Vicky said...

what an awesome gift!! beautiful card, as always! so you got a great gift of goodies and scored at M & J's! Lucky girl - what a great weekend!! :)

Chrissie said...

Well done you lucky thing on winning Sherry's goodies!
Bet you enjoyed making this card!
Chrissie

Dora said...

Lovely take on the sketch, and a punch is a punch;)
thnx for playing!

Scrapaddict said...

Hi Rose, your card is fanastic. Thanks to Sherry all I look for is Basic Grey and some Cosmo also, but BG is the best. Enjoy!

KimS said...

This card is soooooo cute!!!! Love the stamps!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful design Rose, enjoy the NEW goodes!

PS I could not find your email addy, will you please email me when you get a chance!

Hugs, Jennifer :)
jdmeyer6@sbcglobal.net

DonnaMundinger said...

OOh lucky you! I especially love the 6x6 pads, aren't they great! Your card is ADORABLE. xxD

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well aren't you a lucky girl to day.. I am doing the "happy dance" for you

~amy~ said...

Whatta Fabbie RAK from Sherry...she is the Basic Grey Queen....OMGoodness, I can't believe that is your 1st pad of BG...are you hooked now??!!! You've done a fantabulous job on the Get Sketchy #2!!!! Great job stampin' for the 365 Cards Challenge too!!!!!

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!! I Love the birdie and the cute tag!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Liszha said...

Absolutely adorable take on the sketch. I love the stamps!

Bree said...

Girl, this is perfect.

Congrats on your happy mail...
Thanks for playing with us at Get Sketchy!

Pam said...

Beautiful card, and what a fab prize package you won!

acreativeneed said...

Very pretty! Isn't it lovely to get 'happy mail'?!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Ann said...

Wow, that is some fun candy! I love your sweet card! Thanks for playing at Get Sketchy!

Angèle said...

I love the pp, the cute birdie! Great job!

Laurel said...

Aw I love that little birdie!

Hope Jacare said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations. Cheers Claire x

itsabrt said...

This card is fantastic everything is so cohesive and I love the bird! BR-t

Elise said...

Wow, Rose! Congratulations on winning that fabulous loot! Wahooo! Your card is darling! I really like this challenge site! Glad to know you're playing, too! I love seeing your work, doll! Take care!