Thursday, August 13, 2009

365 Cards Day 166

"Card Recipe" is our challenge today from Pam on 365 Cards.

The challenge: Complete your card using only the ingredients below. Notice that this challenge DOES require you to include glitter: (why does Mission Impossible come to mind? LOL)

Ingredients -4x7 card
5 blossoms
glitter (what!!!)
wet embossed sentiment
3 different patterned papers



K&co paper, flowers are cut using Cricut Walk in My Garden cart, pop dots with glitter for centers. sentiment is stamped in black and embossed with clear powder, SU eyelet punch and corner punch.

FYI: glitter and a kitty that "helps" craft do NOT go well together!

Well I couldn't sleep so I got up and got some glitter and went to work on my card. I do hope I can stay awake at work tonight....if not I will just blame Pam for a challenge that wouldn't get out of my head until completed!! Just kidding Pam, I always have a hard time sleeping :)

18 comments:

KimS said...

What a beautiful card!!!!

beckynoelle said...

This is so pretty!
I know what you mean about kitties and glitter - on a side note, fans and air conditioners also are not very helpful when crafting with glitter lol

Sherry said...

Rose this is fabulous. Love it and you used my favorite cricut cartridge.

Iona said...

Rose I love your card. Great idea with the glittery flower centers. I love your papers too. You did good too g/f great job on the hard card too. I try to keep up but you know it is quite hard...will have to do it...Love it!!

Maria Matter said...

This is so beautiful Rose, I love that floral paper! lovely cut flowers too!
I hear ya about not sleeping when those card ideas are calling...
otherwise, sending peaceful dreams your way! :)
blessings, Maria

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Too funny Rose. Try babies and glitter. . . .man that is sheer punishment lol. Love your card today I think the papers and embellishments really are lovely. I have to get me that cartridge I think.
Hugs
Michelle

Leah said...

SO pretty! I love that paper! I have that paper LOL love the glittery centers:)

Chrissy C said...

So pretty! Love those little flowers!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I hope you can stay awake too... love this card... as I do all of your cards.

Chrissie said...

Very shabby chic! Really pretty!
Chrissie

Ann said...

Very pretty, Rose! I love those papers!

TesaB said...

LOL! What's wrong with glitter??? You totally rocked this challenge!!!

Quirky said...

Love love love Love it!!! :)

Jenny S. (UK) said...

OMGoodness!!! that is stunning. What lovely colours and such a great look about it.

~amy~ said...

wowza sista...this is incredibly beautiful!!

Carolyn V said...

Just like Mission Impossible, you've completed the tale with a thrilling victory!! LOL

Your card is stunning, Rose! Love, love, love the colours and the layout. :D

Rebecca's Card Hobby said...

I really like this card, Rose. I love the colors and flowers

shelly said...

oh wow i adore this card! you and glitter.. i think oxymoron... but you did great with it! perfect subtle use of it cuz you know i hate the glitzy overkill usage of it too!
awesome paper choice!
xx shelly