Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PaperBlooms & 365 Cards Day 152

This weeks challenge on Paper Blooms is "Peek-a-Boo"

We are to make a card with a hidden sentiment or additional image.

It was a very fun challenge and I hope you will join us so we can see what fantastic items you make :) Be sure to check out the fantastic cards the rest of the dt made for this challenge!






paper is dcwv garden party, stamp is from the $1 bin at Joanns which i stamped on light blue for the base and then on a darker blue and popped just the birds body's. I colored in the base image and embossed it with clear to make it stand out. sentiment stamp is by su! and punched out with scallop square by su! added kaiser pearls and a few of the beautiful hand made flowers by our dt leader Leah. you can see more of the awesome handmade items she makes HERE
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
well this also fits the challenge for day 152 on 365 cards (Gloria will be so proud that i am still a rebel LOL)
so all of you hop over to paperblooms and link up your cards for today and that should cover my cheating up!!! :)


24 comments:

Christi said...

WOW!! This card is fantastic! I love your "peek a boo" element!! I could have never thought of something like this!! It is really beautiful :0)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I just love this card... you are just so darn creative...

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well, if you find the video, please send it to me too...

Scrapaddict said...

Rose, this is fantastic!

Deb said...

What a cute card! Love the color and it is so clever the way that it opens.

Ann said...

Wow oh wow! Rose, this is fantastic! I love your hidden sentiment, and the blues are beautiful!

Quirky said...

I love this...so pretty...

Ok, so I'm partial to blue as well :P

Lost in Paper said...

beautiful card!! love the papers, and what a great "flap"!!!

Sherry said...

Rose, I still love this card even if you did cheat on today's challenge at 365 cards. I should have been as quick as you and used mine from there too.

PaulaM said...

A sliding flap - very keen. TFS

~amy~ said...

wowza Rose....this is absolutely fabulous!!!

One4Joy said...

I just love that flap and have made it many times! Your card is just perfect, Rose for the challenge today!!!

Celeste said...

I love this card!!!!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

That is a super card and one I haven't tried, very clever and love the colour blue, so fresh and bright.

Christina said...

This is FABULOUS! So pretty!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a creative card!! I love this style of card!! Love the sliding flap! You monochromatic blue colors are beautiful!! Great job!

fabricbutterfly said...

Rose, Rose, Rose, I am deeply hurt that the minute Gloria leaves town, you start playing the rebel, yet again, tsk, tsk. You should notice please that I, yesterday, did the challenge for Paper blooms, yes yesterday, and today making a seperate and I might say completely different card entered the 365 cards challenge.......seperate.....different...get it. Now that you are some hotsy totsy DT member doesn't mean you can play around like this.

I did tell Pam.......;)

fabricbutterfly said...

I didn't Have to make a new one, I could have revised my post, and gone to the dark side, but I like it here on the brown nose side :)

Quirky said...

Love this card! It's so pretty :)
You are just so talented! :)

Kelly said...

beautiful colors and a great card design! nice job-

Rosemary said...

I really enjoyed this card so much, I love everything about it - esp. those little touches that make it so special (the peekaboo element of course), but the flowers and the pearls. (Swoon)

Sonya said...

These cards are such fun to make and look super cool dont they! Love your's!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

I have left you an award on my blog here http://jenny-anydots.blogspot.com/ xxx

Gloria Stengel said...

This is just amazing and fabbie! I love how you did this! I am in awe! Jaw dropping!

And, yes you are a reble! hee hee

Thanks for the awards. I know I won't have time to pass them on, but I do thank you for giving it to me!