Friday, June 19, 2009

365 Day 110 & 111

The challenge on 365 Cards for day 110 is "My Guy" Pam wants us to make a masculine card, and use an ARGYLE pattern.
Cuttlebug spot:#35 Fathers Day/masculne , this is from the "fur babies" to their daddy :-)
Paper is scraps, sentiment is SU oval all set, the beautiful blooms and butterfly are from Leahs Etsy shop PaperBlooms, CB Argyle folder.


The challenge on 365 Cards for day 111 is "Say it With Stripes" Our challenge is to create a card with Bold Colors and Stripes. Such a fun summery theme.
*All the dots are in lines, and i scored lines to make stripes (cant see in the pic) so hope that counts !!
Sketch : Stamps and Smiles #20 (I love their sketches!)
Pile it On: #2 "Wraped Up" We want you to use RIBBON on your project - at least TWO DIFFERENT RIBBONS! You must, of course, combine with at least one other challenge!
*ribbon...yuk!! but I did manage to get two on the card ;-)
ABC : S is For Summer * Yep!
High Hopes Stamps: #35 Lotsa Circles *looks like a lot to me :-)




Paper is all scraps, CB folder D'vine Swirl, Digi stamp is a freebe from Dustin Pike
**I would like to know what kind of paper you all use to print digi stamps as i cant get reg card stock to look even when colored . thanks :-)

15 comments:

Fi said...

Beautiful cards Rose, I really like your Male card, I think I need to go and buy that Argyle embossing folder. Your second card is so cute.
In answer to your question on paper for digi printing - I use 200gsm presentation paper - I usually buy it in A3 size and cut it in half - it is a bit cheaper that way.
If you go to Pink Petticoat and Funky Fairys blogs/shops that also have the answer to your question.
I think Funky Fairys say to use Matt cardstock and then I think you do not need to print in photo mode and it saves ink.
Hope that helps you a little.
Hugs
Fi

~~Audrey~~ said...

Gorgeous card esp the argyle one... me thinks I need that embossing folder too! :)

stamprgrl said...

cute ones rose... and how cool is that about the verification word!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Great advice Fi. Hello there Rose good to see you back my friend. Hope you are okay?? How is the hand? Both your cards are fantastic. The second one is so cute and bright.
Hugs
Michelle

Vickilyn said...

Love them both!! And I am wearing two different hats for these cards, so bear with me....

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps & Smiles!!

~Vicki
Co-owner - Pile It On
Design Team Coordinator - Stamps & Smiles

Karen Lee said...

Hi Rose....I hope your hand is better. You did an awesome job on your cards as always.

hugs, Karen Lee

~amy~ said...

Great job on both cards Rose...really like your argyle masculine card!

Margie said...

Great card Rose! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot!

Viv said...

Great cards Rose!! Love that Argyll folder. It's perfect for blokes' cards (as you've shown so well). Love the bright and cheerful SAS card. You've done the sketch proud! Thanks for playing along and hope you'll be joining in again next week too.
Viv xx

Cathy said...

Fab cards, and I love your teddy image - so summery.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous cards Rose!
The masculine one looks vintage and I love the embossing!
And the beach bear one is just too adorable with all the bright colors!
I can't help ya on the paper issue, I know nothing! Though I always blamed my bad coloring on me...who knows, maybe it's the paper's fault! lol
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Jeannie Phillips said...

You really love challenges don't you...great job on these!!
hugs
Jeannie

Mercy said...

too cute...love the cb bg piece!

thanks for playing along with this week's SAS sketch, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Helen said...

Fab cards!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Both card are amazing Rose! I LOVE them both! Thanks for your wonderful inspirations using our SAS sketch!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)