Saturday, May 23, 2009

365 Cards Day 83 & 84, ABC challenge: O

This card is for two challenges.
Day 84 on 365 cards: Make it Match,decorate an envelope to match your card.
"O is for Orderly" on ABC: We would like your card to be balanced. This means that if you use a flower on your card it needs to be balanced by another one somewhere else on the card.

Paper- K&co, Bfly- MS punch,SU- buttons, Oval All stamp set, and oval punches. The buttons make it work for the Orderly challenge on ABC.

This card is for Day 84 on 365 Cards: Card Recipe #2
here's the recipe:
1 3x3 card
1 flower
1 brad
1 piece of ribbon
1 stamped sentiment
and NO PATTERNED PAPER! WHAT??!! This was the true challenge for me!!!

MS- ribbon, Flower w/brad for center is handmade by Leah (check out her shop HERE)

Thanks Maz for showing me the ABC challenge blog :-) Can you all see that I received my SU! order yesterday ? YAHOO!!

**Be sure to check out the give away I am doing this week HERE**

edited to add: i relay should have looked at all the other cards for this challenge before making this plain card!! i have seen punches, layering, embossing, and sprays used to make the most fantastic cards!!! live and learn right? LOL

22 comments:

Karen Lee said...

You've been a busy little cardmarker today!! Love 'em both!

hugs, Karen Lee

Tammy said...

Gorgeous creations today Rose! and thanks for the award! Always a pleasure to hear from you on my blog!

Kristen Hermanny said...

I love your cards. This challenge is going to be hard for me, but I will have something sometime today. We have to take our dog to the vet, it looks like someone kicked her in the belly, but no one did. She is never alone, because she is blind. It is a bruise the size of a 13 boot. I hope it's nothing serious!

happy long weekend. See you later :)!!!

Vicky said...

Fantastic cards, Rose!!! I love that crocheted flower. I too nearly freaked when I saw no PP - what!? How can you make a card with no PP! Have fun with your SU! goodies!

Kel said...

I just love that flower...I need to get some of those!!! great take on the challenge

Shari said...

It turned out Great Rose!

Pam said...

That flower is the perfect touch for the card recipe challenge, Rose - beautiful!

Ivolina said...

Wow. Two lovely cards. I like them very much.
Your stitched flower is amazing.

Gloria Stengel said...

These are great. I LOVE that crochet flower! That card turned out GREAT! Nice job. Wish I could make those flowers!

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Ooooh Rose I love your card and matching envelope, it's gorgeous. What punch is that butterfly may I ask? Yeah, exactly. . .NO PATTERNED PAPER!!!! Talk about challenging hehe this nearly ruined my wanting to get a card in for every day this week lol. Ooooh what goodies did you get from SU?
Glad you got some rest Rose we all need to take time out. And yes I am enjoying time with my grandaughter Sophie. . .she is a pure delight.
Hugs
Michelle

The Mommy said...

Rose!!!! I love your little chrochet flower! I tried for the very first time last night to make my own. Let me tell ya...I need to practice! LOL This card is exquisit. I love it!!

Tommie

Chrissie said...

I particularly love your matching set of card and envelope... such lovely shades. The little one's a cutie too.
Chrissie

Fi said...

Wow Rose, both of your cards are beautiful, love the design and colour of your matching set and your little one is sooooo cute.
I am still trying to come up with an idea for the Paper Blooms challenge, I hope to have one made this weekend.
Hugs
Fi

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Birgit said...

What a beautiful card and the handmade flower is precious

Kim said...

Pretty! Luv'in that little flower!

willow said...

Rose, these are both gorgeous, loving those flowers but they are too precious to keep using
maz

Sherry said...

Rose, first thank you so much for the award that was so sweet of you.
Your card today is beautiful and I love the crocheted flower. It makes me wish I would have learned how to crochet instead of crosstitch.

Barb said...

These are all just lovely! The crochet flower is awesome, and I like how you introduced some pattern with the ribbon on the 2nd one!

Meredith Black said...

I love the For my Friend Stamp! :)

~amy~ said...

Lovin' both of your cards Rose!!

Valerie said...

Rose, your card is lovely and the flower is such a wonderful touch. Thank you for the award that you left for me, I am very grateful for your kind words and humbly accept!