Thursday, May 21, 2009

365 Cards Day 82

Today's challenge on 365 Card is "Living on the Edge"

Well to me "living on the edge" is when DH and I take the motorcycle to see my mom and are on the empty highway going 140 mph! FUN FUN FUN!!!! :D
But I guess that's not what Pam had in mind today, instead we are to decorate at least 3 sides of our card.


Making memories eliza paper, MS bfly punch, beads from $1 store

Each time I see a frame that has been altered with beads or buttons I want to make one, well I never have so this was my chance.
I mitered the corners to look like a frame and sewed the beads on. Its not a picture frame but it was a good practice run ;-)
I have also been reminded while sewing the beads on just how MUCH the "kids" like to play with string and little things that roll around when given a push!
So they get credit for this card today. LOL


** Be sure to check out the give away I am doing this week HERE **

21 comments:

Karen Lee said...

I'm so lovin' all the beads! I thought we were to only use 3 edges....I noticed almost everyone has decorated all the edges. I think my card would have looked better if I had done all the edges!! Oh well too late now!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Deb said...

Hi Rose - love the look of your card. The beads add a lovely touch. Haven't had any time to create all week and we will be gone for the weekend. Maybe next week...

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Hello Rose, Mr Linky is down on 365 so lucky I have your blog on my favs lol. Loving the beady feel to your card today and it would have been so much fun playing with the kids while making it hehe. Don't you just love it no matter what size they are even old cats as soon as you get a piece of something dangly they turn back into little kittens. . . so amazing. Enjoy your evening and then day lol
Hugs
Michelle

Sherry said...

Rose - I love your card and all that bling you put on the edges.

Fi said...

Rose, what a pretty card, I love your beaded edges - it must of taken hours - I would not have the patience for that.
Thank you to the kids for your inspiration.
Hugs
Fi

fabricbutterfly said...

what a great idea, smart girl, I love the card, very pretty, and sparkly.

Lynnette said...

What a fun card! I am also a beader, so this card combines two of my favorite crafts :) Awesome job on the challenge

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an awesome card and you mitered the corners so nicley.

willow said...

Very pretty Rose, great idea with the beads
maz

Vicky said...

Oh wow! I LOVE the beads - this is simply gorgeous!!

~amy~ said...

wowza rose!!! Fantabulous card!

Shari said...

love the beads, Great Idea!
*Shari*

Shari said...

Hey Rose, I have left you a blog award.

Sonya said...

Gorgeous Rose!! This must have taken you ages!!!

Ivolina said...

Very beautiful card, Rose. You are very patient to sew all this beads.
I like the frame you have made.



I have 1 6x6 the same piece of paper and don`t now its manufacture. Thank you.

Shari said...

Hey Rose, THanks for letting me know about Paper Blooms. I posted my card this morning. Yeah!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

My oh my Rose this card is stunning!! You rocked this challenge great job.

Kim said...

Cute! Luv'in the beads!!!

willow said...

There is a little something on my blog for you Here Maz

Jenna said...

I love the beads...and the butterfly is lovely!!

Ann said...

Rose, the beaded edge on this is FABulous!