Saturday, May 2, 2009

365 Cards Day 63 & Paper Blooms Challenge #5

Due to lack of time today I am combining two challenges. I wish I had more time to make a card with 8 of Leah's blooms to show you :-( But as she is the guest designer today on 365 Cards it might be fitting to combine these two challenges!!!

Today's challenge on 365 Cards is "Floral Fest" we are to include 8 flowers on our card.
This weeks Paper Blooms challenge is "Inspiration" and we were to use Leah's beautiful dishes for our inspiration.



The flower is something I've been wanting to try...Tea Bag Folding, instructions were found at Circle of Crafters. Their are 8 flowers, one on each petal, leaves are off HA cut @ 1 1/2" and 2", paper is DCWV Luxury Stack, Bflys are MS punch.
** I found regular card stock to thick so used 24lb linen finish paper that I used to print my resume on. It is much easier to fold **

18 comments:

Deb said...

Oh Rose - How beautiful!! I really like the flower(s) on this one. Just curious - what does HA mean??

Made by Mandy said...

Great job with the teabag folding. you have done a good job matching the design up well and your folds are very crisp.

willow said...

Wow, now this is something I havent tried before, very neat job on the petals
Maz

AUsome mom said...

Beautiful job Rose!

Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rose! Great job on both challenges!

Leah said...

Oh! This is just so pretty and creative! Love how you made the # of flowers on each petal of the big flower add up to 8. Love the colors on this too:) Reminds me of some dishes;)

jacque4u2c said...

WOWZERS!!!!!!!! I would of never dreamed to something this beautiful - it is just gorgeous! Just amazing!

Vickilyn said...

Beautiful card! I have tried tea bag folding before - I wasn't overly successful so I can definitely appreciate this!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen Lee said...

What an awesome job with the tea bag folding! I've never tried it! You made one beautiful card!

hugs, Karen Lee

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Beautiful take on both challenges Rose. Isn't Leah's inspiration dinner set gorgeous. I am going to have to try tea bag folding as I think it looks so effective.
Hugs
Michelle

Jana said...

Wonderful flower. You did a great job matching the paper to the inspiration dishes.

AUsome mom said...

Girl, you are cracking me up with your Cricut comment on my blog! I gave her about 3 of my fav's, but how do you pick? Yes, there were 113 kids at the school class, but thank goodness they broke them up into 3 different sessions for me. I can't wait to see what they've created. Thanks for your prayers for me. They are much needed and appreciated! Hugs....:)

Vicky said...

Rose, this is just stunning! i've been wanting to try tea bag folding too, but haven't dived in yet...this is amazing!!

Jeannie said...

You did an awesome job! Beautiful!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Rosemary said...

This is an elegant and beautiful card - I have never tried the technique but you've intrigued me with your take on it.

I love that you included the inspiration for your card - that's really a nice touch.

~amy~ said...

Good grief Rose..this is gorgeous!!!

tina said...

This is stunning, Rose! Wow! That stamp is a beauty, too. :)

shelly said...

super take on this weeks challenge! gonna have to try the teabag folding when you hit the 99 again :)